You know you are a bellydancer when....

Anadil

you arrive at a party and all your friends start doing a (sometimes really awful) shimmy imitation. Yes, the male ones too. :D

when the paper you have to defend at your exam 'Encyclopedia of Islamology' tomorrow is about 'dance in the islamic world'.

Ok, back to the books now, because the exam actually is tomorrow! aaaargh!

Anadil

Yshka

When you sit at the computer browsing this forum for really long and you realize you had to be in bed an hour ago for rising early in the morning...

when you constantly walk around with flyers of your dance school in your purse..

when you hear the workshop with one of your all-time-fave teachers you were so dying to attend next weekend got cancelled because of her falling ill, and you keep praying she miraculously gets well again soon before saturday:pray:

when you're already anxious for a workshop that is still two months away..

when you can't stand the fact you have a new costume waiting for you, but you can only go and pick it up a month from now...:redface:

Lol and now for my own personal addition: You know you're a bellydancer when a storm hits your country, all public transport is calcelled and you walk to the trainstation, spend 3 hours waiting for a train to the city your class is in, and when you hear will not be departing anymore for the night you end up hitchhiking to class, showing up exactly in time for advanced class:lol:

Goodluck on your exams Anadil!

Last edited:

Moon

when you decorated you memory stick with coins and beads (yeah sounds strange but my boyfriend had exactly the same one and I don't want to accidentally take the wrong one!)

Safran

Lol and now for my own personal addition: You know you're a bellydancer when a storm hits your country, all public transport is calcelled and you walk to the trainstation, spend 3 hours waiting for a train to the city your class is in, and when you hear will not be departing anymore for the night you end up hitchhiking to class, showing up exactly in time for advanced class:lol:

Yshka, you're almost as bad as Maria travelling to Crete for giving classes :D

No distance is too long or no track too complicated for a bellydancer :dance:

yonisha

Yshka, you're almost as bad as Maria travelling to Crete for giving classes :D

No distance is too long or no track too complicated for a bellydancer :dance:

In Winnipeg we have the perfect example for this "weather" issue, last night we had -24 C with a windshield of -30 C, and around 20 ladies showed up for my class :clap::dance:
Let's see tonight, it will be even colder, windy and snowy...

Kiraze

when before making a decision to move into a new country you first check if there is good enough dance scene to attend to and after moving your boss starts to wonder whether you moved there because of dancing instead of a new job as dance classes and workshops are naturally more important than overseas telecoms and business trips :rolleyes:

Yshka

Lol Kiraze, YOU"RE definitely a bellydancer:lol: .

You know you're a bellydancer when..
- you get upset about your dvdplayer not working, cause now you can't practise your usual dvd's..:confused:

- you just taught a class for the first time and feel absolutely great because it's SO much fun to pass on some danceknowledge:dance: !!

Aniseteph

when you decorated you memory stick with coins and beads (yeah sounds strange but my boyfriend had exactly the same one and I don't want to accidentally take the wrong one!)

Sounds entirely sensible...

When your mobile lives in a little velvet bag covered with coins. Put it on vibrate and watch it shimmy! :redface:

...dance classes and workshops are naturally more important than overseas telecoms and business trips
Well duh!!!

Samirah

...When your boss asks, "Are you chair-dancing again?" (A swivel chair makes for fabulous figure 8's:D )

Kharmine

..When your mobile lives in a little velvet bag covered with coins. Put it on vibrate and watch it shimmy! :redface: ...

Ooooooh! I have a nice little red velvet bag I've been wondering what to do with! Just the thing!

Thanks, oodles, Aniseteph!:clap:

Yshka

Ooh I want such a bag!! I saw a really pretty one in a store some time ago but forgot exactly where they're being sold. then again my phone might not fit in since it's a really big old one lol.:lol:

Sara

:think:

When you have more belly dance items such as jewellry and props and clothes etc, than you do normal everyday clothes and shoes put together...

(I haven't personally btw but I know someone what has :D )

Yshka

you know you're a bellydancer FOR SURE when... you skip college to go do a really fun performance:D :D

Yshka

- when making a budget plan for the next month first you calculate how much you'll be spending on the important things in life: lessons, dance apparel, workshops...
the rest comes next :lol:

Shanazel

- when you learn to darn socks because you are too cheap to buy new ones, but don't even blink at laying out a fancy price for a new bedlah.

belly_dancer

- when you learn to darn socks because you are too cheap to buy new ones, but don't even blink at laying out a fancy price for a new bedlah.

LOL.... JUST bought a new costume piece earlier today.... but THIS VERY MOMENT, I am sewing patches on my son' sjeans!!!!!:lol: