What is your favourite musician/artist/singer??

Jameelah

Hi,

Currently I am in love with Natasha Atlas. Im a cabaret dancer and I love classical and Modern styles.
What I love about Natasha Atlas is the mash up of different styles. She is diverse and has a few songs I am trying to coregrapgh.

My favourite two songs of hers, Taaleet and Mon amie la Rose.

Would love to find out what other people like to dance to and why.

xxx:dance:

Farasha Hanem

On the Egyptian side: HAKIM! :D I loooove his sha'abi style of pop music, it's so infectious! :D I can be in a really bad mood at work, but then listen to one of Hakim's songs while I'm on break,, and before I know it, I'm happy again! :D

On the Turkish side: TARKAN! :D Why? Come ooooooooooooon, he's TARKAN! <3<3<3 Oh, and his music is great, too! :redface:

Jameelah

On the Egyptian side: HAKIM! :D I loooove his sha'abi style of pop music, it's so infectious! :D I can be in a really bad mood at work, but then listen to one of Hakim's songs while I'm on break,, and before I know it, I'm happy again! :D

On the Turkish side: TARKAN! :D Why? Come ooooooooooooon, he's TARKAN! <3<3<3 Oh, and his music is great, too! :redface:

I have a CD of Hakim from Egypt but unfortunately it got damaged on the trip home. boohoo

Jane

Singers
1. Umm Kolthoum
2. Fatme Serhan
3. Warda
4. Fairuz

Composers
1. Mohammed Abdel Wahab
2. Abdel Halim Hafez

Musicians
1. The Henkesh Brothers
2. George Sawa

Sophia Maria

If I tried to list my favorites I would be here for a very long time...:D
Here are some ones that I have been recently obsessed with or ones that I can't stop listening to on my ipod:

1. Ghalia Benali - she's got this amazing soulful voice, and she does beautiful Oum Kalthoum remakes, which leads me to...
2. Oum Kalthoum - my real number one. My favorite song by her is Baeed Annak
3. I fall for Egyptian pop songs all the time, my favorites this week are Homa Malhom Bena ya Leil (Haytham Saeed) and Garh Tani (Sherine)
4. Warda Aljazeera - I love her performance of Esmaouni

Musicians

1. The Taksim Trio - beautiful and also good relaxation music
2. Amir Sofi - no words. No words.
3. Issam Houshan - I love "Party Drum"

Farasha Hanem

As I mentioned, I love Hakim and Tarkan, but I also love these singers:

Nancy Ajram
Natacha Atlas
Nourhanne
Khaled Agag
Bassam Ayoub

and I've recently fallen in love with Oum Kalthoum and Warda Al Jazairia.

As far as musicians go, Issam Houshan all the way! :D