Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chubby Belly Dancer Back

deleted by author
    Last edited by MistyDawnHips; 06-19-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: I don't need to hear what i should do

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed your latest blog write up. How many years have you been dancing now?
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Five years, and counting

Post Thanks / Like

Your blog is very interesting and I think very helpful to students going through the same things and the same issues. I think it's great that you share it here.

With that said, I'd really appreciate it if you would appear on the forum and participate in our discussions other than appearing just once every few months just to share your latest blog post.

It irks me a little bit when people come here just to promote themselves, but do nothing to participate and contribute to the many discussions we always have here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry

Deleted by author
    Last edited by MistyDawnHips; 06-19-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Im caretaker 24/7 for my mom too tired to deal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MistyDawnHips View Post
    Wow ..I don’t know what to say….Im sorry. All I wanted to do is share my story so that others with my issues could relate to, so I went out to look for belly dancing communities to share it with. I had no idea there was a prerequisite when I join. My apologize to any other dancers who were irked by what I did, it was just my intention to bring something positive to the table. As soon as I get home tonight Ill remove it. My intention was not to promote myself, i dont make any money doing this. And two, I read the forums but don’t chime in because I still don’t feel I have enough experience to offer anything. I love this dance and I would never use it to my advantage but no worries Im use to being put in my place. Once again im so sorry and I love all u beautiful hip shakers
    It's not a pre-requisite. It's just rude, IMO, to join forums only to share your videos/blog/website/services. I'm also on Bhuz and I see you doing the same thing on there (showing up only when you have a new blog post to share).

It doesn't matter whether or not you're making money from it. There's an entire community here of people who share knowledge and ideas, and who ask questions. Everyone has something to contribute to the discussion. Clearly you have something to say, if you have an entire blog for belly dance.

But even the most beginner of students has something to contribute, by asking questions. Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Like I said I'm not complaining about you sharing your blog. You have great experiences to share and I hope you keep sharing them: on your blog, here, and elsewhere. You don't have to just write on your blog and then link everyone to your blog, you can share your experiences with us directly, too. You don't have to only show up to talk about your blog.
    Last edited by Yame; 06-18-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You needn't remove anything, Misty, just come and play more often.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    You needn't remove anything, Misty, just come and play more often.
    Exactly!

Post Thanks / Like

Roll  Eyes

deleted by concerned friend
    Last edited by Kimora; 06-19-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: deleted by concerned friend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kimora View Post
    I’m sorry Yame, but I find your badgering of another dancer about the way they participate in a voluntary forum offensive & disrespectful of a fellow dancer!

Code of Conduct (for THIS forum)
    While the forum does not censor opinion it does censor behavior. You can say whatever you wish but it must be said with civility. Attacking personal character of member(s) with negative language is not allowed. Negative language is defined as disparaging, hurtful, malicious, sneering, or spiteful remarks about the CHARACTER of another.

It says NOTHING about having to make comments to other postings to participate in THIS forum! YES, I just joined so I JUST read ALL the rules of conduct.
    But there are rules about advertising, which I presume you also read. These are the ones that are behind the request that the op interact in the forum other than just to advertise her lovely blog.

Nobody in this thread has broken the rules yet, but rest assured that should the rules be broken, moderator action will be taken swiftly as it always is.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast