Chubby Belly Dancer Back

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I enjoyed your latest blog write up. How many years have you been dancing now?
~Mosaic

Yame

Your blog is very interesting and I think very helpful to students going through the same things and the same issues. I think it's great that you share it here.

With that said, I'd really appreciate it if you would appear on the forum and participate in our discussions other than appearing just once every few months just to share your latest blog post.

It irks me a little bit when people come here just to promote themselves, but do nothing to participate and contribute to the many discussions we always have here.

Yame

Wow ..I don’t know what to say….Im sorry. All I wanted to do is share my story so that others with my issues could relate to, so I went out to look for belly dancing communities to share it with. I had no idea there was a prerequisite when I join. My apologize to any other dancers who were irked by what I did, it was just my intention to bring something positive to the table. As soon as I get home tonight Ill remove it. My intention was not to promote myself, i dont make any money doing this. And two, I read the forums but don’t chime in because I still don’t feel I have enough experience to offer anything. I love this dance and I would never use it to my advantage but no worries Im use to being put in my place. Once again im so sorry and I love all u beautiful hip shakers

It's not a pre-requisite. It's just rude, IMO, to join forums only to share your videos/blog/website/services. I'm also on Bhuz and I see you doing the same thing on there (showing up only when you have a new blog post to share).

It doesn't matter whether or not you're making money from it. There's an entire community here of people who share knowledge and ideas, and who ask questions. Everyone has something to contribute to the discussion. Clearly you have something to say, if you have an entire blog for belly dance.

But even the most beginner of students has something to contribute, by asking questions. Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Like I said I'm not complaining about you sharing your blog. You have great experiences to share and I hope you keep sharing them: on your blog, here, and elsewhere. You don't have to just write on your blog and then link everyone to your blog, you can share your experiences with us directly, too. You don't have to only show up to talk about your blog.

Last edited:

Darshiva

I’m sorry Yame, but I find your badgering of another dancer about the way they participate in a voluntary forum offensive & disrespectful of a fellow dancer!

Code of Conduct (for THIS forum)
While the forum does not censor opinion it does censor behavior. You can say whatever you wish but it must be said with civility. Attacking personal character of member(s) with negative language is not allowed. Negative language is defined as disparaging, hurtful, malicious, sneering, or spiteful remarks about the CHARACTER of another.

It says NOTHING about having to make comments to other postings to participate in THIS forum! YES, I just joined so I JUST read ALL the rules of conduct.

But there are rules about advertising, which I presume you also read. These are the ones that are behind the request that the op interact in the forum other than just to advertise her lovely blog.

Nobody in this thread has broken the rules yet, but rest assured that should the rules be broken, moderator action will be taken swiftly as it always is.

Kimora

But there are rules about advertising, which I presume you also read. These are the ones that are behind the request that the op interact in the forum other than just to advertise her lovely blog.

Nobody in this thread has broken the rules yet, but rest assured that should the rules be broken, moderator action will be taken swiftly as it always is.

deleted by concerned friend

Last edited:

Yame

I’m sorry Yame, but I find your badgering of another dancer about the way they participate in a voluntary forum offensive & disrespectful of a fellow dancer!
Nothing about my post was offensive or disrespectful.

It says NOTHING about having to make comments to other postings to participate in THIS forum! YES, I just joined so I JUST read ALL the rules of conduct.
It's common forum etiquette to participate in the discussions if you're going to promote your own external links. It's not something that needs to be written out as a rule. It's true that some people do not follow this etiquette and will frequent forums only to link to their own personal websites, videos, or promotional materials. However, it's only a matter of time before forum members start to notice the behavior and look down on the person posting it. I gave the OP a heads up about this, and she can take it or leave it.

This is a community and it depends on people to partake in discussions. We are all welcome to link to our own material, but if everyone just came here to link to their own website there would be little to no discussion. You might understand if you had been here for more than just one post.

With all that being said, we do have rules regarding spam. Now, I don't like to argue rules because I am not a mod, and the mods here do a darn good job of keeping order but since you brought it up, here are the rules you neglected to quote:
Advertising, Spam and Solicitation

Multiple posting solely to place external links which advertise, sell, or promote… is not allowed.

Multiple posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.

Spamming is not allowed on the forum via posts, emails, visitor messages, picture comments and/or the private messaging system.

Do not post threads designed to drive traffic to another site for the purpose of affiliate referral, sales, advertising, promotions etc.
I do not think the OP's posts qualify as spam, however if done enough they might fall under that last sentence, because they are designed to drive traffic to another site without fostering much discussion.

Yame

Wow... so you agree NO rules have been broken, yet you still feel the need to badger... well, if that is how this forum is used... I don't want to be a part of a place that uses a forum/outlet to be disrespectful & hurtful to fellow dancers... SHAME!

Why don't you go and join a forum where people just log in once a month to post a link to their blog?

Really? What is disrespectful (and extremely suspicious) is joining a forum you've never posted in to defend another poster who never posts and complain about the other people in it, including the mods. What was the point of joining in the first place? Give me a break.

Kimora

Nothing about my post was offensive or disrespectful.

It's common forum etiquette to participate in the discussions if you're going to promote your own external links. It's not something that needs to be written out as a rule. It's true that some people do not follow this etiquette and will frequent forums only to link to their own personal websites, videos, or promotional materials. However, it's only a matter of time before forum members start to notice the behavior and look down on the person posting it. I gave the OP a heads up about this, and she can take it or leave it.

This is a community and it depends on people to partake in discussions. We are all welcome to link to our own material, but if everyone just came here to link to their own website there would be little to no discussion. You might understand if you had been here for more than just one post.

With all that being said, we do have rules regarding spam. Now, I don't like to argue rules because I am not a mod, and the mods here do a darn good job of keeping order but since you brought it up, here are the rules you neglected to quote:

I do not think the OP's posts qualify as spam, however if done enough they might fall under that last sentence, because they are designed to drive traffic to another site without fostering much discussion.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Wow... so you agree NO rules have been broken, yet you still feel the need to badger... well, if that is how this forum is used... I don't want to be a part of a place that uses a forum/outlet to be disrespectful & hurtful to fellow dancers... SHAME!
Kimora, I am sorry that you feel (so far) that some forum posts (in this thread at least) appear to be disrespectful. I don't want to be drawn into a debate of the rights or wrongs here, but would like you to give the forum a chance. It really is a very nice forum, if it wasn't I definitely would not be here. You have a lot of knowledge & experience that I'm sure would be immensely helpful to many forum members.
~Mosaic

Yame

SHAME.... That is NOT what you were talking about in your first reply to this thread and YOU know it! It was all about dancers not commenting/participating enough for you. That is WHY I did not include it!!!

If you stop being so emotionally invested in this argument and just think rationally for a second you will understand why they are one and the same.

Poster comes to the forum only to link to their own external website = a form of spam.
Poster comes to the forum to partake in discussions and maybe occasionally links to their own external website = regular forum member.

I was suggesting to the OP that in her future interactions in this forum, she become more like the latter and less like the former. That is all.

Kimora

Kimora, I am sorry that you feel (so far) that some forum posts (in this thread at least) appear to be disrespectful. I don't want to be drawn into a debate of the rights or wrongs here, but would like you to give the forum a chance. It really is a very nice forum, if it wasn't I definitely would not be here. You have a lot of knowledge & experience that I'm sure would be immensely helpful to many forum members.
~Mosaic

Last edited:

Kimora

If you stop being so emotionally invested in this argument and just think rationally for a second you will understand why they are one and the same.

Poster comes to the forum only to link to their own external website = a form of spam.
Poster comes to the forum to partake in discussions and maybe occasionally links to their own external website = regular forum member.

I was suggesting to the OP that in her future interactions in this forum, she become more like the latter and less like the former. That is all.

Last edited:

Shanazel

All right, folks, do NOT make the Students and Instructors moderator call out the flying monkeys. :naghty:

Yame expressed an opinion. Misty apologized. Yame seconded Shanazel's wish that Misty should come play with us more often. That should have ended the matter unless Misty decides to say, "You bet I will!"

Kimora, we are always happy to have new members join OD and you are welcome to express your opinons. However, at this point, you have made a total of five posts, all of them in this thread, all more or less acrimonious, and all aimed at badgering Yame.

Please let it go. Those monkeys are notoriously messy to clean up after. :cool:

MistyDawnHips

Thanks Kim

I have deleted my post , its been nice posting here. And truly from the bottom of my heart thanks Kim for defending me, you know life for me at home has been hard and my life as a chubby girl in a skinny world just as hard. It took a month to write it out when i had the time and it was hard admitting some embarrassing stuff, i really appreciate it. Im working on the third blog , you will be the first one to look over it before I add it to the internet. Its about Camperet fun times.You are the sweetest person, you're one of the reasons i got peeled off the wall and came out of my shell you were one of the first people to come up to me with open arms and not made me fell weird about my weight, and thanks for console me today.

Last edited: