First Performance

Indigo Shimmer

Okay hubby won't leave me alone until I tell you guys how my first performance on stage went. YOU! The people on this forum! Not my family and friends!

I was most happy with my performance during the dress rehersal Tuesday night. I feel that as far as my dancing went, I was more on cue and my timing was much better. I've been struggling with either moving too soon or not soon enough to match everybody else's moves and also with not obviously looking at the person to my side ( my teacher ) to know when to initiate the next move. I feel I did a better job of that Tuesday night.

But I feel my performance Friday night was almost as good. I tried to smile on stage more, ( whether it looked good or not I won't know until I see the video ) but the mistakes I think I made, I don't think the audience was aware of them.

Our group got a polite response from the crowd Tuesday night and a rock star response Friday night! ( Hubby said that was because my redneck girlfriend was in the front row hooting and hollering when we were done! )
And I was surprised later during the intermission. This was a large recital full of lots of kids of all ages, dancing in different dance styles. People were there to see their relatives perform. But I still had several complete strangers come up to me and tell me how much they enjoyed our routine. So I was very impressed and gratified at their response.

And I kinda liked being up there on stage, under the bright lights and wearing all that glitter and make-up. ( AT MY AGE!)

Uh when can I do it again???

Indigo S.

P.S. Does this mean I can officially call myself a dancer????

AndreaSTL

And I kinda liked being up there on stage, under the bright lights and wearing all that glitter and make-up. ( AT MY AGE!)

P.S. Does this mean I can officially call myself a dancer????
I can just hear Tina Turner singing now:
What's age got to do, got to do with it?
What's age, just need to use some lotion.
What's age got to do, got to do with it?
Get a new hip if you find that yours is broken.

Or something like that. ;)

I don't know what your age is, but you have every right to enjoy getting painted up and going out in public. I'm so glad you want to do it again!

farasharaks

That's wonderful congratulations! Enjoy every minute! Yes the stage is very addicting, it's like a roller coaster ride, you are filled with nervous anticipation and then it's all over so fast, you're like wow let's do it again! LOL Enjoy it and keep dancing! Happy Shimmies!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Congratulations
Go "dancer" go
. So glad you enjoyed it all and had a fun time.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Cool! And congratulations! Sorry I missed the thread when you first posted it. I was on holiday.

So... when is next time? ;)

Bast

Glad you enjoyed it! Hope you get out there again soon.

When you do watch your video, just remember to be nice to yourself allow yourself permission to be learning and celebrate what worked well. It is easy to be super critical once the adrenaline has passed ;)