Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Sacramento!

I am Stephanie from Sacramento, CA.

I haven't actually started taking classes yet, but I joined this forum because I am interested in learning more about belly dancing. It looks beautiful, fun, and like it's a great way to stay in shape.

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. You have come to the right place to learn about the many aspects of our dance. Hope you decide to find a teacher and give it a go
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME TO OD!!!!!

There are lots of teachers in the Sacto area- one of them is just waiting for you to call.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    WELCOME TO OD!!!!!

There are lots of teachers in the Sacto area- one of them is just waiting for you to call.
    Like me

Welcome, Stephanie! I saw your post and, as a Sacramento belly dancer, had to say hello and welcome you to the neighborhood

I'm not sure where you live or what style that you are interested in learning, but I teach group and private lessons plus workshops at the Firehouse #5 Dance Studio on Ninth Street, right downtown in the central city. I guess you could say my style is heavily American Classic Cabaret and classic Egyptian with some ITS and tribal fusion influence (lately, anyway, it's always evolving). I like to call it "classic Cairo on the cutting edge", for lack of a better and more accurate description. Anyway, I'm really big on technique and safety, and very big on giving lots of feedback and encouraging feedback and questions from students. My website is bellydancerjulia.com - there is also another website for Sacramento bellydancers called sacramentobellydance.net - it has most of the professional dancers and teachers listed. Feel free to message me with any questions - hope to meet you soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'll check out the sites you posted.