Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of great ideas have been given already, but I would like to elaborate a bit on the "social time" that Shira suggested. In addition to a social event, I would create a place throughout the event where people can hang out, talk to each other etc. In many events it is the vending/bazaar area where people can also buy food or drinks and spend their free time between workshops. I think one of the great values of attending events is to get to know and chat to other dancers.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, guys, it's amazing how many of you are helping me along! This is amazing. Here is the current list of 'wants' boiled down:

Show:
    Professional evening show with LIVE music
    Festival ‘participant’ showcase

Lectures:
    A "lecture room" featuring lectures by leading dance researchers. Keep it small.

Social:
    Cocktail Party
    After-party
    Vending Area where food and drink may also be purchased

Workshops:
    Beginner and Advanced workshops occurring simultaneously
    Specialized Workshops on specialized areas of dance such as stagecraft, choreo-writing skills, specific folkloric genres, costume design & alteration, etc.
    Also, some workshop topics teaching dancers how to hear, relate, understand music...

Now that I have the basic wants from the belly dance community...I'm going to break it down into parts (shows, workshops, etc). Should I create a separate thread for each part or keep it on this one? Thanks so much!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12