Thread: ATS 3/4 shimmy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ATS 3/4 shimmy?

Is there a difference? I took my first ATS class today, a lot of fun. I could do this shimmy fairly well, but I definitely struggled with it in my regular class, which has more cabaret and tribal fusion influence because of my teacher. The same question goes for the taxeem, which turned out to be totally different from the one I learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I'm Macy and new here and also new for the belly dance. Nice to meet you.~
    I just start to learn belly dance a week ago, and I don't understand what's the ATS. Would you like tell me what is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Hikari: Yes, there are some differences, but I'm not the one to say which and what as I am not a student of ATS (I've just observed it and compared it to what I already know of).

Quote Originally Posted by macy1020 View Post
    Hello,

I'm Macy and new here and also new for the belly dance. Nice to meet you.~
    I just start to learn belly dance a week ago, and I don't understand what's the ATS. Would you like tell me what is it?
    Hi Macy. ATS is an abbreviation for American Tribal Style belly dance. You can read more about it here: Fat Chance Belly Dance Instruction
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hikari_no_yami View Post
    The same question goes for the taxeem, which turned out to be totally different from the one I learned.
    Among non-tribal dancers a taqsim is a (musical) solo improvisation - or the dancer's interpretation of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    Among non-tribal dancers a taqsim is a (musical) solo improvisation - or the dancer's interpretation of it.
    I think reverse Maya is the other term for it. Or downward vertical figure 8. So many names, ahh!