tribal fusion drillz for beginners

Ahava_Melantha

okay, I am not really super tribal fusion - although I wouldn't mind experimenting or exploring the "dark" side of belly dance:), but I just think they have awesome drillz, amazing arm work, etc. I'm mostly raks sharqi or oriental style.

anyways, I have tried Asharah's Modern Tribal Fusion and I'm just not in THAT kind of shape. so does anyone know of something easier, so I can build UP to Asharah?

LilithNoor

Ariellah's 'Contemporary Bellydance & Yoga Conditioning' is good, helps you work on the strong core that you need for all that precise movement.

If you like pretty arms then Rachel Brice's 'Belly Dance Arms and Posture' is pretty much the last word on that subject. I find her drills a bit hard core, but remember, no one is watching so you can always stop and take a breather if your vision is going blurry!

Ahava_Melantha

omg you are too funny. I will have to look thru my ever expanding stash- seriously i just started with 2 or 3 one year ago or less and now I have like 30 hehe.

okay thanx. Asharah REALLY works it.

ana_bat

I was actually pretty surprised at how nicely Sera Solstice approached arm work/drills. I would suggest checking out Sera Solstice's Lunar Belly Dance dvd. Even though I wouldn't say I'm interested in dancing her East Coast Tribal style I've found a lot of value in her arm drills, and the hip drills. What's cool too is the dvd has a nice menu that shows you specific drills for specific things, if you don't have much time to practice.

teela

I am not tribal so this is just off the top of my head and someone else can comment on it. What about Zoe's A to Z drills?

ana_bat

I am not tribal so this is just off the top of my head and someone else can comment on it. What about Zoe's A to Z drills?

It seems like an obvious choice, but I've heard that its actually pretty challenging. I picked up her other DVD "Drillz that Killz" or something to that extent, and man even with my 4 years of study I couldn't do it. I'd say its WAAAAY harder than the Asharah DVD. Zoe's dvd's contain a frustrating amount of layering and fast precision that imo isn't really broken down much. As if the assumption is that you already know how to move like that, she's just giving you a regimine to follow.

However, the A to Zoe might be different. And just cause something's super tough the first few times (or months! :p) doesn't mean that you can't pick it up eventually. Everything takes time :)

Ahava_Melantha

oh she is sooo on my list to get right now but I am still saving for a workshop and I FORBID myself from buying ane NEW bd dvds lol.

ana_bat

You mention loving the arm work, and while its not tribal fusion maybe working with one of the Fat Chance dvd's would be worth while. The strength or sturdiness in the way that they carry themselves, arms, and hands all come from flamenco though more watered down I say. Those dvd's plus my instructor rescued my arms from chicken-wingdom and taught me how to do gorgeous floreos. ^^

Ahava_Melantha

you know I have thought about getting one of their dvds. in fact lately, I have been all over the place with dvds. so . . . I have decided to stick with one dvd and at a time and study it for at least 2 wks before going on and i'll add fat chance to my list.