Mugrabi or Magrebi rithm

Silence

Hi!
Can somebody please tell me something about this rythm? I mean, if it is folkloric or what, and how is the stlyle I must use to dance it.

It happems that I I´m coreographing the song #MASHAEL# and there is a log part of the song including thisrythm and I am not sure how to dance it! Furthermore, I don´t wanna copy Saida, so please, don´t send her links, I just want to know WHAT I am dancing.

Please, could somebody help me?

Kashmir

"Maghrebi" is anything to do with the Maghreb - Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia or Libya. This includes dozens of cultures (mostly Berber) each with dozens of their own music and dance styles.

I don't know this music - but if it is traditional Maghrebi it has nothing to do with raqs sharqi (ie solo, improvised dance with hip articulations as performed in nightclubs in Egypt, Lebabnon and Turkey). Rather it is more likely to be a folkloric line or circle dance. Morocco and Aisha Ali both have many examples on their videos.

Yame

Maghrebi 6/8 - YouTube
Maghrebi rhythm
Personally I'd interpret it with footwork in time with the rhythm, and pretty arms to frame it. 6/8 has a waltzy feel since it's similar to 3/4. You can look for inspiration in dances that use that sort of time signature (6/8 or 3/4).

I don't know this music - but if it is traditional Maghrebi it has nothing to do with raqs sharqi (ie solo, improvised dance with hip articulations as performed in nightclubs in Egypt, Lebabnon and Turkey). Rather it is more likely to be a folkloric line or circle dance. Morocco and Aisha Ali both have many examples on their videos.

I think this is the song Sherezada junto a Mario Kirlis - Mashael - Colette 2010 - YouTube
Nothing traditionally Maghrebi about it. The rhythm she is talking about starts at 3:36.