Omar Khorshid Laylet Hob

seona

For a long time now I've wanted Omar Khorshids version of Laylet Hob. I believe it's on an album called rhythms from the Orient. I can't seem to find it to buy anywhere :(
If anyone happens to know where I can purchase either just Laylet Hob or the whole album, then please get in touch. I can only find it on file sharing sites. thanks.

Farasha Hanem

0.0 Hold on, Seona, let me finish making dinner and get on my laptop: I THINK I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!! :D:D:D

EDIT: I was premature, I was seeing "Alf Leyla," but you're looking for "Leylet Hob." :( I'm so sorry, Seona. After I learned my mistake, I tried looking on all the mp3/CD sites I could think of, even two Arabic sites. No luck. I'm so, so sorry to have gotten your hopes up. :(

This is what you're looking for, right?

I did a little more searching, this was all I could find, and I don't know if you want to pay almost a hundred dollars on a vinyl record, especially since you might not have a record player:

http://www.discogs.com/Omar-Khorshid-Rhythms-from-the-Orient/release/3471888

What you could do (and I'm not too sure how legal it is) is if you have Real Player, you should be able to point your mouse cursor on the top right frame of the above video in YouTube, and a "Download This Video" button should pop up. After the video is downloaded to your hard drive, the Real Player converter window should pop up. Convert the audio of the video to an mp3 or mp4 file, and there ya go. But if you're like me, you would prefer to purchase your music and support the artists, instead of going this route.

Last edited:

Gloria

Omar Khorshid

I had trouble finding this one, too, Seona. My late husband was a music geek and was able to locate a copy from a private seller in Taiwan, but that was over 10 years ago and I haven't seen one available since then. I try to support artists too, but Farasha's suggestion may be the only option left. Good luck on your quest.

Gloria

Aniseteph

Song FOUND!!!!

Found it! I knew I'd seen it somewhere (I collect multiple versions of this song because I <3 it, so it was there all the time in my Saved for Later list. Although I might restrain myself in this case as I'm not a fan of the Disco Duck at about 1:42 on the YT clip).

emusic and Amazon (UK and US) have it on an album called "Plays Oum Kalthoum And Abdel Halim" by Omar Khorshed, with an e not an i.

The curse of transliteration strikes again! Why oh why oh why they never manage to cross reference the same artist in different spellings eludes me, but hey, doesn't it make tracking things down so much more FUN? :confused:

Marya

Well, I bought a CD with that song on it from Dahlal a few years ago but gave it away to someone. Dahlal's web site is down with warnings of it being an attack site so don't try to go there. Rachid doesn't have that CD. Neither does Maqam. The CD has a pink cover with a old photo of Nadia Gamal on the cover.

Dahlal, has the best selection of CDs. maybe in a few days her web site will be recovered.

Marya

Sophia Maria

Although I might restrain myself in this case as I'm not a fan of the Disco Duck at about 1:42 on the YT clip).

LOL! Yeah, right when that part came in I had the same thought. Although truthfully, I think I like this version so much I don't mind the disco duck.

Thanks for finding it!

seona

ha ha ha disco duck, that can be forgiven though, can't it? :lol: Even funnier I did a routine to disco duck in the early eighties ha ha ha gracing the dance floors of Pontins for a summer ha ha!!!!
Seriously thanks Farasha, Gloria and Marya for your help and suggestions, and big gold star to Aniseteph! I usually try alternative spellings, but not in this case, you've made my day, thanks!

Sophia Maria

I've been inspired lately by this thread to do more browsing on Omar Khorsid. I really like his work! Even though there are often disco-duck-esque elements to it. The guitar here is...sublime. Beyond words.

PracticalDancer

Found it! I knew I'd seen it somewhere (I collect multiple versions of this song because I <3 it, so it was there all the time in my Saved for Later list. Although I might restrain myself in this case as I'm not a fan of the Disco Duck at about 1:42 on the YT clip).

emusic and Amazon (UK and US) have it on an album called "Plays Oum Kalthoum And Abdel Halim" by Omar Khorshed, with an e not an i.

The curse of transliteration strikes again! Why oh why oh why they never manage to cross reference the same artist in different spellings eludes me, but hey, doesn't it make tracking things down so much more FUN? :confused:
This is also on (my US version of) itunes. Thanks for help me to find it, too!

PracticalDancer

I finally wad a moment to listen to what is on iTunes, and the majority of the songs are on his other album, Tribute to Oum Kalthoum. That said, the ones that are not, with the exception of Leylet Hob, are horribly under mixed and faint. Although, I have to say I love the song Ana Lak Alaa Toul (you have not lived until you have heard the incredible Salah Rahab sing it with Zikrayat live; but, here is there YT version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtHoNAhoFPo); however, poor Omar K's version is almost a funeral home cheesy version. I may buy it just for the juxtaposition!