Teen Bellydancer

TribalPixie

I'm a teen dancer that has been dancing for a little over a year. I have yet to find any other teen dancers! Are there any of you out there???

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum - I am sure there are one or 2 teens here, or younger dancers. Good for you starting young. Enjoy your journey!
~Mosaic

kaza26

I think teen girl less interested in bellydance, the are more in modern dance,
the passion to bellydance comes around 20 years old, in some cases much much latter,

any way I am sure there are few other teen bellydancers like you...

good luck!

Sophia Maria

Welcome! Yes teen dancers exist! I am 19 now, I started bellydancing when I was just 15. Wow, it seems like forever ago :D ( and then I remember that some of the moderators and members here have been dancing for decades :lol:) It's a great time to start, I never regretted it.

Stephanie

I think the issue might be parents not wanting their kids to do belly dancing because of all the stereotypes that belly dancing = stripping (not true, but sadly it's there). So some people might start at 18/19 or in their 20s. I know a couple weekends ago my sister's friend (14, almost 15) and my sister (15) said something about wanting to try belly dancing (just to try it) and my mom gave them a funny look.

Kelmar

I think the issue might be parents not wanting their kids to do belly dancing because of all the stereotypes that belly dancing = stripping (not true, but sadly it's there). So some people might start at 18/19 or in their 20s. I know a couple weekends ago my sister's friend (14, almost 15) and my sister (15) said something about wanting to try belly dancing (just to try it) and my mom gave them a funny look.

This is a point that came up in my class, we had a couple of kids want to do BD, but their parents said "no" and then enrolled them in a hip hop class or a ball room dancing class which teaches the tango.

My thought of course is, "have you even watched any of these dances before?"

*sigh*

beachbunny

Hehe I agree! It's so funny how these dances that involve very sexual moves are much more accepted than belly dance! Oh well! Welcome to the forum! I'm 19, but soon to be 20! :D