My improvised costume

Chani

I think you look great and definitely tribal. I particularly like the pendant. I think you could go for even more tribal bling...more arm and neck jewellery - I reckon armbands would fit well with a tribal look. The pic is a bit dark to see the bottom properly. Do you have things incorporated into the belt to make more of your hip movements? Things like tassles/fabric anything dangling? The dancer Steven Eggars in this clip has a split skirt over pants which looks good:
Steven Eggers Tribal Fusion Bellydance - Male Tribal Fusion - YouTube

Shanazel

How well does the vest stay in place while you dance? I'd close it in front just to keep it from flying open and off the shoulders during movement.

kaza26

nice!

its looking good! tribal style...I think for male its much easier to improvise a costume for bellydancing than for female dancer..

walladah

given that the fabric is dark colour

you need decorations on both belt and vest to make sure that people from afar can see your movement.

You can decorate the traditional way so that there are not many sparkling things, but still you will need a different colour to make decorations (and movement) visible.

you may see several patterns and ideas in this website
Παραδοσιακές Ενδυμασίες - Σταματίνα Μπογέα

click on the left column then there will be the column for each region, then click on a region and choose Ανδρική (male costumes). At the bottom of the page, they also show the costumes of the region you are searching.

See that at least men's costumes keep their belts on a different colour than the pantaloons (usually dark).
So, it is normal to create colour contrast with fabrics and it will be very useful for dancing.

Enjoy your new costume!
W.

PS/Girls, have a look at the women's costumes!