Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Youtube gripe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Youtube gripe

why is it that horrible dances have such awesome youtube comments. but the dancers who ARE really good barely have any good comments.

like this one - horrible

Miss Albania UK belly / shake dancing - YouTube

I couldn't beleive the rave reviews.

i know some will say
    oh its turkish - no its horrible. i've seen turkish style and its MUCH better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

That's YouTube for ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely more shake than dance. And just for the record, I hate Shik Shak Shok. (or as I think of it: Schlick Schtick Schlock.)
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Shanazel you are too funny. yes it was horrible. I was Like "she NEEDS to go back to class" seriously. shaking not dancing. omg it was horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Three possible answers:

1) That's not horrible. That's Albanian Style. [Didn't read all the comments but one of them indicated that nationalism was a factor. However friendly the Albanian people may be, the fact remains that Albania is the least-important country in Europe.]

2) An unanswerable question.....like how long does one have to wait to become a senior member around here?

3) YouTube is loaded with drooling dweebs, and for them the more shake the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    2) An unanswerable question.....like how long does one have to wait to become a senior member around here?
    Um.......never mind.

Post Thanks / Like

500 posts, Erik. That's how long. :P
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say horrible at all. She's energetic, perhaps a bit frenetic for anyone expecting Egyptian style subtlety and understatement but hey, Shik Shak Shok is pretty much open season as a BD standard, it's not like she's going nuts to Enta Omri. She's dancing to the music, which is rarer than it should be IMHO, and she looks like she's having fun, all of which is more than some professional belly dancers manage to do. I have seen a LOT worse, on YT and IRL.

If she's just an amateur doing the talent section of a beauty contest, so what? Did she even post it herself?

And yeah, what Erik said - nationalism, and YT morons who just want to see things shaking. YT commenters have not got a clue, there is no point wasting brain waves on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Because people put their videos up and then all their friends give them rave reviews. Who do you think is screaming for her in the background. And no, this isn't Albanioan anything. I've seen Albanian versions of Raks, musicality, technique, control. Has all the hallmarks of good dance, this has none, but she gets a A for enthusiasm.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I didn't say she wasn't enthusiastic. she is. but she dances like a whirlwind. I have seen some pretty fast drum solos and they DON'T look like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast