Shira.net is 15 years old!

shiradotnet

15 years ago, in July 1997, I created a small web site as a tool for learning how to do web technology. It needed to be about "something", so I chose belly dancing as my topic.

Today, Shira.net is the world's largest and most popular web site about belly dancing. It has over 1,500 html pages, including over 200 song translations, history articles, advice, tips, opinion pieces, artwork related to belly dance, and much more.

Little did I know 15 years ago where this path would lead when I took that little step in learning html, but I so glad I did!

Shanazel

Mazel tov! Shiranet was probably the first online bd site I ever came across and it has never disappointed me in all the years I've been visiting.

Last edited:

Darshiva

Happy Birthday!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Big congrats Shira:clap::clap::dance::dance:

By the way when I read the thread title at a glance I read "Shira is 15 yrs old". I was going to post "Well done" now share the secret:lol:
~Mosaic

Daimona

Happy birthday and thank you for keeping the site updated and filled with interesting information!

You have educated numerous belly dance students all over the world.
Again, thank you! :dance:

bomu samba

Congratulations Shira! :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks for all the hard work you've put in over the years. Your site is an amazing resource that I return to again and again.

Farasha Hanem

Big congrats Shira:clap::clap::dance::dance:

By the way when I read the thread title at a glance I read "Shira is 15 yrs old". I was going to post "Well done" now share the secret:lol:
~Mosaic

:shok:I thought the same thing! :lol:

Shira, your web site was the first belly dance site I found, too, on my cell phone yet! :D It was four or five months before my son got his first computer. Your site has helped me numerous times since 2006, and it has made such an impact on my life. Thank you from my heart, keep up the good work!

Jane

Whoot! Happy birthday! Shira.net was the first belly dance website I found when I went online. :)