Hello, from NYC and NJ area.

gisela

Super Moderator
Very nice to "meet" you too! I'm happy you un-lurked yourself :)
Enjoy posting in the forum
Gisela

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Glad you have de-lurked:D It's always nice to welcome our happy lurkers on board.
~Mosaic

Yame

Hi, and welcome!

Just out of curiosity, with whom have you studied in NY and NJ? I feel like we've probably bumped into one another by now, since I live in NJ and go to NY for workshops and shows, and we've been dancing for roughly the same amount of time (~5 years here).

Arielle

Thank your for your welcoming as well, Yame! I wouldn't be surprised either if we have bumped into each other. And if not, probably bellydance-related. =D

When I'm in my hometown of NY, I study under Ashtar (who was my very first teacher) and Alexia. When I am in NY for college, I study under mainly Ivettina, Noora Noora, and Rayhanna, all of which have connection to the late Serena Wilson and her studio. In the past two years of studying Egyptian and Turkish style, I have sampled each class at Serena's atleast once.

And since I have put all their names out in the open, I want to say they are all absolutely marvelous dancers and dedicated teachers.

Yame

Thank your for your welcoming as well, Yame! I wouldn't be surprised either if we have bumped into each other. And if not, probably bellydance-related. =D

When I'm in my hometown of NY, I study under Ashtar (who was my very first teacher) and Alexia. When I am in NY for college, I study under mainly Ivettina, Noora Noora, and Rayhanna, all of which have connection to the late Serena Wilson and her studio. In the past two years of studying Egyptian and Turkish style, I have sampled each class at Serena's atleast once.

And since I have put all their names out in the open, I want to say they are all absolutely marvelous dancers and dedicated teachers.

I had a feeling... Ashtar was my first belly dance teacher, as well! I no longer take belly dance classes with her since (a long time ago) I decided I wanted to pursue Oriental styles rather than any form of ATS or tribal fusion, but I went back to her for ballet lessons a little while ago and still go to her for that.
Alexia is a wonderful teacher. She's a bit far from me for regular classes and I don't wish to pursue Suhaila's method or style, but I've taken workshops from her and workshops she has sponsored and was very pleased. She's definitely one of the best NJ has to offer.

The teachers in NY I've heard of, but haven't met in person yet.