What do you love about performing?

moonshine

I know it comes with its challenges,such as life.
But what do you love the most about performing.

I love to be on the stage,its where I feel the most comfortable,and its so exciting.

how about you?

Duvet

When soloing; in order - the personal challenge and sense of achievement; the attention, applause and compliments that let me know I've pleased the audience and retained my ego; the sense of "yaah boo sucks" to those who would never have allowed me to perform in the past; the money.

As a troupe; all the above plus the sense of encouragement to and from each other - ie group bonding and seeing each other achieve.

goddessyasaman

The feeling and passion it ignites in me, how I feel like I am in another world, also I am a Improv dancer so "The creation while performing" And Sharing myself and my art with others :D

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
The feeling and passion it ignites in me, how I feel like I am in another world, also I am a Improv dancer so "The creation while performing" And Sharing myself and my art with others :D
This.

And when you really knock 'em out with a good performance and win thunderous applause. "How sweet it is!"

moonshine

I enjoy::)

* The costumes
* The stage and lights
* The excitment/adrenalin
* The Roaring applause
* The gasp from the audience when they are surprised
* The challenges along the way
* The creativity
* The energy
* The freedom

Safran

My answer would be similar to Duvet's: I like to see the audience being "moved" by what I do... Be it people singing along, a lady in a wheelchair doing a shoulder shimmy throughout my set, the excitment of the kids when I turn attention to them etc. As much as I love dancing and it makes me happy, when I get on that stage, I want to make people enjoy themselves!

And I love the energy and dynamics of group work. The silent interaction through the dances that only people on stage understand, the smiles exchanged, the cheering for each other, the impromptu improvisations that get thrown in every now and them. And once again, if the group is working well together, it will make the audience feel they are part all of that fun too!

I've been working with a folclore troupe for the past two months and it really is one of the greatest experiences I've had in my dance path!

Sophia Maria

I enjoy the challenge of giving up a part of yourself to a group of people (I'm not very good at that hehe), and the joy when you succeed and they give something back to you.

Also, put more simply, the ululations from appreciative audience members / fellow dancers.

Za Linda

This might sound a bit crazy...but I like how performing changes my sense of time. Being in the spotlight forces me to "live in the now"; there is no past or future, just the music and movement shared with fellow performers and audience. I've heard others describe this as "flow". Like it, crave it, enjoy that blissful sensation, even when the act of performing is scaring me half to death.

Greek Bonfire

All of the above. After all of the hours of practice, research, costuming, etc., and then it's finally here and you can finally just let loose!

Amulya

The preparations, being busy with the costume, choosing the music (although often very frustrating as I can't make a choice), interaction with the audience, the organisers and the other performers (I really like it when there are others, then I feel less stage fright and it's fun talking to them, I often perform with non belly dancers at events, interesting to hear their stories, see their performances) the makeup, the stage and just having fun!