Requesting new username

Sophia Maria

Hello,

I understand one has to request an admin to change a username? If so, would it be possible for my name to be changed to Sophia Maria?

Thanks so much! :)

Erik

What's with all the name changes? SnakeLady is now Roshanna, and Animadanza is now Sophia Maria.

Can I change my name to Jean-Claude? :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
What's with all the name changes? SnakeLady is now Roshanna, and Animadanza is now Sophia Maria.

Now, now, Erik is a perfectly sensible name, I am sure jean-Claude won't suit you:D;)
~Mosaic

Erik

You're right again, Mosaic. You know, I think of you like tiles of different colors, and with the tiles carefully arranged in such a way that taken in their entirely they create a picture, kind of like a..........

Oh, if only I could think of a metaphor. ;)

Actually, the name planned for me was Leonard, but as I was born with a few sprouts of red hair it was changed to Erik. I looked in the mirror once and tried to imagine myself as a Leonard. No. No, it is not logical.

Shanazel

I was supposed to be William Rufus, Jr. My sister was supposed to be WIlliam Rufus, Jr. My folks resigned themselves by the third child and my brother was supposed to be Catherine Elaine. ;)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
You're right again, Mosaic. You know, I think of you like tiles of different colors, and with the tiles carefully arranged in such a way that taken in their entirely they create a picture, kind of like a..........

Oh, if only I could think of a metaphor. ;)

Actually, the name planned for me was Leonard, but as I was born with a few sprouts of red hair it was changed to Erik. I looked in the mirror once and tried to imagine myself as a Leonard. No. No, it is not logical.
Would that be "kind of like a mosaic":lol: I suppose I could even be a coat of many colours;);) ...

As for Leonard thank you Erik's Mum & Dad, that you decided on Erik - Leonard always reminds me of my parents very first refrigerator way back in the "olden" days - a massive clunky cream coloured thing with a massive door opening handle - brand name Leonard:D

Shan - William's OK, but serious Rufus, my uncle's crazy, funny labrador dog was called Rufus ... So glad you are you!:lol::lol:

OK I must stop this & get back to what this forum is for:D
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Daddy was named after a relative, William Rufus King. There was a king named William Rufus as well, but not a relative. Once my brother's name got misspelled on his driver's license. My brother, having a sense of humor, didn't bother to get it corrected so for years he was William Fufus.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Daddy was named after a relative, William Rufus King. There was a king named William Rufus as well, but not a relative. Once my brother's name got misspelled on his driver's license. My brother, having a sense of humor, didn't bother to get it corrected so for years he was William Fufus.
I like your brother's sense of humour:lol::lol: Fufus - Could have been a pet name for Confucius;) But I see that Rufus is a family name. Bartley is/was our family name handed onto the 2nd born son, I have no idea why - my dad was Ross Bartley, His Dad Thomas Bartley, my 2nd brother is Reid Bartley & said thank goodness he didn't have sons. Looks like the family name will end with him. After the TV show the Simpson's came along he never mentioned his 2nd name :D
~M

Sophia Maria

Hahaha! I should have thought of Jean Claude!! Sorry for all the confusion, I just kinda chose my "animadanza" username arbitrarily at first, but now that I've decided Sophia Maria is probably going to be my real life dance name, I wanted that to be represented.

Shanazel

Some version of the name Carol accidentally runs in my dad's family GGrandmother was Caroline with a daughter Caroline, followed by my aunt Carol Imogene who found out at forty that the doctor who delivered her had added "ine" to her first name, followed by me (middle name Carol) and a cousin (Carolinda) and my daughter Carolina.

No one intended it- it just happened that way. I discovered it doing genealogy. Incidentally, I also discovered that through GGrandmother Caroline I am related to my oldest and dearest friend's husband! Through the same lady I am related to an ex-president, but most of my family, being Republicans, would never admit to that.:lol:

I love the name Sophia Maria, by the way. Very elegant.