My second ever solo!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Finally I was able to do a solo under my troupes name! Put this together in 2 weeks and I'm pretty happy the way it looks being that I didn't end up having much time to drill it to perfection. The room is an art room so the lighting is horrible for dance!!! It is designed to light up art on the floor or walls so my face is very dark most of the time. Also I had dark eye makeup on so it looks like my eyes are closed most of the time but were actually open.

I would love to have constructive feedback on areas to improve on or things to change, or things to keep the same. I'm critiquing it myself but others view points would be appreciated.

Daewen2011

Looks great!! Your chest isolations are very good! And you use your arm embellishments very well. My only critique really is that when you are doing those arm moves you don't vary your hip moves very much. Great job!

gisela

Super Moderator
Thanks for posting! I've watched it but would like to watch again before I say anything. :)

gisela

Super Moderator
I think you have lovely arms and great presence. You seem to feel the music and the mode and you express it in your face and hands.

Something I would like to see more is travelling. Use of space and making of shapes on the floor. Your dance is very stationary with no level changes (except at the very end). The soft part of the music could be used for a soft travelling step or douce camels in a circle or something.

I am not at all a tribal or fusion dancer, but I've seen a few dancers and they move around quite a bit, so it doesn't seem to be limitations to the style.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Thanks Gisela. I'll add that to my notes :)

Can you define Douce camels? I havn't heard that term before.

gisela

Super Moderator
Haha, oops.
it's not a term. I just ment gentle camels, as opposed to faster or bigger camels. In other words just camels that fit with the gentler parts of the music. Just as a suggestion. :D