New Dance Studio Needs Promotion

da Sage

I am starting my own dance instruction studio, offering many varieties of dance including Belly Dance. I can definitely use networking and promotion assistance, and would be willing to mention this site on my website and facebook page as well.
SHOWTIME MEMORIES DANCE INSTRUCTION
WEB: Welcome - Showtime Memories Dance Instruction
FACEBOOK: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
EMAIL: showtimememoriesdi@live.com

Dance Lessons Delivered to Your Door

I would never consider taking classes with you, because you don't list where your studio is. USA? Canada? Australia?

You should list the city and state/province that you operate from prominently on your website and also include it in any advertising posts.

When looking for local teachers, if I don't see a street address on their website, I will always look for another teacher/studio...one that is serious about doing business. The exception: teachers operating alone who only do privates (but I only consider them if I already know and respect their work).

Finish your website before you publicize your studio online.:)

Samira_dncr

Ouch. That seems a tad harsh.

Even so, De Sage has a good point regarding listing your location on your website. I found that you are in Houston, TX, but I had to go to your facebook page to do so.

I think you'll find that advertising on facebook will be helpful in your area. It's a great way to market. The return is decent depending on your ads. Generally posting to a group like this isn't necessarily going to help you find students. It can; however, be a great resource on tips to get started or how to market you new studio.

I owned a ballroom studio for 7 years. It was a tremendous amount of work, but very rewarding. Good luck with your endeavor.

da Sage

Ouch. That seems a tad harsh.

Even so, De Sage has a good point regarding listing your location on your website. I found that you are in Houston, TX, but I had to go to your facebook page to do so.

I think you'll find that advertising on facebook will be helpful in your area. It's a great way to market. The return is decent depending on your ads. Generally posting to a group like this isn't necessarily going to help you find students. It can; however, be a great resource on tips to get started or how to market you new studio.

I owned a ballroom studio for 7 years. It was a tremendous amount of work, but very rewarding. Good luck with your endeavor.

Harsh? I felt it was more blunt than harsh. I posted hoping that the OP would see my point of view as a student...if we don't even know what state/province the classes are, we're not going to email to find out...unless we already know and/or admire the teacher.

Facebook advertising is a great early step, but putting basic information on the website that the business has already begun (and paid for) is more important IMO. EDIT: And of course, swapped web-links are only as good as the website they refer potential customers to.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Harsh or blunt, da Sage raises some legitimate points. Do I want to take lessons from someone who hasn't bothered to proofread his website? Do I want to take lessons from someone who emphasizes the shoestring aspect of his operation? Someone who doesn't even mention where the heck he's located?

Someone who drops into OD once, apparently for the sole purpose of free advertising?

:think:

Last edited: