Advice on arms for a newbie?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
What Shanazel said.

One of my teachers loves to say that "Arms are the LAST thing to 'come in'". She's right. I've been dancing now for 14+ years, and like every other dancer, I still have problems with arms. Yea, they're tons and tons better than they were even 2 or 3 years ago, but they're not perfect. Kinda like the rest of my dance come to think of it, but seriously - arms are HARD. For everyone.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
omg! yes. I've been dancing for almost 8 years now and arms is my nemesis still. Practice and and lots of critical analysis of videos will make it better.

Kashmir

Stand in front of a mirror and move them around until they look right, then hold that pose. Do it the same for every posture you use and every arm pose you use and over the course of a few months it will become habit.
Also try with your eyes closed. Frame ... and open your eyes ... adjust

Selene

Stand in front of a mirror and move them around until they look right, then hold that pose. Do it the same for every posture you use and every arm pose you use and over the course of a few months it will become habit.

I will try this and combine it with what Kashmir said, great advice, thank you both!

Also try with your eyes closed. Frame ... and open your eyes ... adjust