Names of travelling steps?

SumayaSaahir

I posted this on Bhuz as well. Are there names to a lot of travelling steps? If so, I am unaware of them (and that wouldnt surprise me, more and more I am coming to find all the things I never learned but should have in this dance- thank goodness for the internet and youtube).

Anyway, all I can come up with is "Egyptian Walk' and then I have to get creative.

Maybe I was just never tought specific names? Thanks for your help.

nicknack

We should start a glossary of tavelling steps. And I'm going to add Yalla Hip (inward twist forward with upper body twisting in opposite direction, then back on supporting leg) I'm not very good with the descriptions sorry.

Maria_Aya

Hi there :)

Egyptian walk

Arabian Step (and 100 variations lol)

Hagala walking and variations

Sasse

Arabesk in walking zig-zag paterns

These with their variations are enough for a full routine

Maria Aya
:)

Shanazel

Basic walk, Moroccan walk, cobra, gliding walk, Yemenite step, any number of traveling turns...

I've got a feeling we're running into vocabulary challenges here. I have heard what I call basic walk also called Egyptian walk, for example.

Oh yeah Shanazel, There are infinite variety of ways to travel ,but some of them will have the diferent names. How about describing the step a little and it's level of difficulty?
Yasmine

nicknack

Could you elaborate on Yemenite step Shanazel? I 've been on a Yemeni kick, ever since I started learning the Yemenite Hebrew:lol:

Princess

I posted this on Bhuz as well. Are there names to a lot of travelling steps? If so, I am unaware of them (and that wouldnt surprise me, more and more I am coming to find all the things I never learned but should have in this dance- thank goodness for the internet and youtube).

Anyway, all I can come up with is "Egyptian Walk' and then I have to get creative.

Maybe I was just never tought specific names? Thanks for your help.

Camel Step /Walk
Ondulation in combination with the step-together -step including alternate step R-L-R change ,L-R-Lchange traveling sideways forw.diagonal or backw.diagonal .This is called Camel Steps/Walk.

Lots of love,
Princess

SumayaSaahir

Yep, it looks like we are running into the age old vocabulary problem again. Sigh...Maybe we should post a move on youtube, and then we can all comment on what we call it, so we can all be on the same page.