Hi! Spanish dancer moving to the UK (Liverpool)

Lady V

Hello fellow bellydancers!
After lurking around for a while I finally decided to join, mainly because I'm movingt to the UK next month and I really want to get involved in the bellydance community there, so I have a few questions for the British dancers around here ;)
Well, maybe I should introduce myself: my name is Lide and I'm from northern Spain (Basque country) and I've been bellydancing for 5 years now. I've been attending regular classes of oriental/cabaret but the last two years I've also been having regular classes of tribal fusion and some ATS, which I absolutely love (specially fusion).
So now that I'm moving to Liverpool I'd like to get some information about teachers and schools around there, no matter the style they teach, as I'm interested in learning a bit of everything. Also I'd like to know if there's any thread in here or any webpage where I can find about workshops being held in the UK.
Finally, I'm thinking of performing as a way to earning some extra money. I feel really comfortable with tribal fusion style and I've recently done some solos so I think I could be ready, and if I have enough time to prepare a coreography maybe oriental style too. Do you know if it's easy in the UK to get paid performances in restaurants/nightclubs/events?

I will be so grateful if you answer any of this question! Thanks in advance for your help! :pray:

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I think Caroline Afifi is in Liverpool. She used to be active on this forum. There should be some more bellydancers there as well.
Here is the website of Nada- (a dance associaton). They have events listed and a few of them are around Liverpool

http://www.nada.uk.com/Events

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum, hopefully some of the UK members can come up with some answers for you, and Gisela's link is a good one to check out. Good luck with the move.
~Mosaic

gisela

Super Moderator
Ooh, I'm so happy I could be of assistance even though I've never even been to Liverpool.
Caroline really knows her stuff so you should be in good hands there. If you are not able to take classes from her then I'm certain she can recommend other good teachers for you.

:D