Vote on our new look

Which look would you like for the forum?

• Total voters

Salome

Administrator
ATTENTION THIS POST/POLL HAS BEEN CHANGED/EDITED

Hi everyone,

We are going to upgrade to vbulletin 4 AND we are going to get a new look! There are 4 new looks up for consideration. I am inviting everyone to vote for their favorite. I did set the poll up to allow multiple votes, so if you are torn between two you can vote for both :)

I added two options to the poll. A custom skin, one that is built just for us with the colors/layout etc. that we choose is about 500 dollars over the budget I have for the forum upgrade. I was intending to save for this and at some future point make it happen. Gisela made mention of members possibly donating to raise that money. If enough people are interested in doing this... we can fast forward right to it. I also added a "do not change anything" option, for good measure. Though not changing the look also means not upgrading...

For those that already voted, you can't vote again. BUT *if* you want to retract your vote, post in the thead. Put your name and what you voted for in the poll so I know what to cancel out. Everyone else needs to use the poll or it will get to messy to be effective.

“Shiny!” Blue
CompletevB Demo vB4

“Adestinya” Purple
Sultantheme's vb4 Forums - Demo & Support Forum

“Nafisha” Red

“Pesona 4” Turquoise

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I voted for the purple - but really any of them EXCEPT the "blue" - whose background is too glaring. A close runner up is the "Red". "Turquoise" would be OK, but its a tad too light backgroundwise for my taste - but it would be workable.

Is it possible to implement 2 or more of these, and set what you like in the user CP? I'm on a couple of boards that feature this...

Last edited:

Shanazel

Somewhat to my surprise, I favor the red with purple a close second.

Me. Choosing red over purple. What is the world coming to?

Duvet

I'm not too keen on any of them, but as we've got no option to refuse all of them, I'll go for the red, with the blue coming in second.

Salome

Administrator
I'm not too keen on any of them, but as we've got no option to refuse all of them, I'll go for the red, with the blue coming in second.

Did you vote in the poll? Because I won't tally from the thread, but from the poll.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I voted purple, but would prefer the posting area to be a bit less glaring. The bright colours in the background are fine - like that. The red is OK, except the browny bits, I don't like brown, if they were a bit more red I'd like it better.
~Mosaic

Greek Bonfire

While I personally prefer blue in anything, Bhuz has a lot of blue and I'd like this forum to have its own look and individual style.

Amulya

Don't count my votes! I made a mistake, I stupidly didn't look at the links but just voted for colours! I think the last one in the links is the best.

SansAlias

I voted for the red as for me it was the easiest to read. Purple and variations there of is my favorite color, but I found that option hard to read. Not enough contrast in the text portions. I like a dark font on a light background; it's just easier for me to read.

Jonathan

May your zills always ring true and your veils never rip

PracticalDancer

The purple is beautiful; but, the color contrast is low and will be hard to read by more mature forum members and lurkers, as well as much harder to read on small screen mobile devices and devices outside. (I work in a field related to these concerns. ;) There are more and more people using mobile devices, reading the forum in bright sunlight, and many wonderful dancers with greater wisdom who should not feel excluded by a design decision.)

The darker blue ("shiny") and turquoise are easier to read. The red is just similar enough to what is already here to be meh.

Of them all, I like the turquoise for readability, accessibility, and aesthetics.

My 2c.

Harry

This is not easy! I ended up voting for both the purple and the turqoise... No particular reason...

Janene Aliza

I voted for the red as for me it was the easiest to read. Purple and variations there of is my favorite color, but I found that option hard to read. Not enough contrast in the text portions. I like a dark font on a light background; it's just easier for me to read.

Jonathan

May your zills always ring true and your veils never rip

Ditto for me.

Dunyah

Ack, I much prefer the current format. The new ones look so cluttered.

Hate the purple. I voted for blue, but the turquoise would be okay. Didn't care for the red.

Last edited:

Salome

Administrator
I think I would like upgrade to vb 4. It will have multi quote and a bunch of other updated user end functions that people in the community have asked for.

Since I will be doing that, it is an optimal time to make a visual change. We've had this skin forever. Though for those of you who were here in the very beginning, like 2003, know that there have been a bunch of different skins over the years... I feel like it's time for a new look. And I don't think the current design will even work for vb4...

Ultimately, what I would like to do is another custom skin but it is about 500 bucks outside of budget.