Skirt Tucking Ideas

astro_girl

Hello:

I have a bedlah set that I'm about to perform in for the first time. At a local BD swap I found a silver circle skirt, arguably gypsy-esque because it has "vertical tiers", if this makes sense...i.e., there are alternating vertical panels on a 45deg angle of silver poly fabric alternating w/silver sequin fabric that end in a scalloped hem.

In any event, a few ladies there commented that it went well with my cabaret belt and bra set so I purchased it, not finding anything else. It flares a bit at the bottom and I'd like to experiment with tucking to add some pizazz. Granted, it's a one pc. circle skirt so there are no separate panels.

Can someone provide some suggestions for tucking - either one side or both? The hem is scalloped so I'd have to fidget a bit to grab the longer part and not let the wrong side of the skirt show. I've seen some nice tucking suggestions on a website that sells full tiered tribal skirts, but this skirt does not have as much fabric as these.

Thanks!

Shanazel

Grab a bit of side skirt about knee level. Lift that bit straight up and tuck it/pin it in your belt.

Grab the same bit of skirt. Pull it across the front of your body and tuck it in on the other side. Can also be done from the back.

Loop a long narrow sash, scarf, belt around the skirt so that the bend in the sash is at the hem of the skirt. Ruck the skirt up and secure the sash to the belt to keep it in place. (Think Cinderella's ballgown poofs)

I can go on and on and on, but once you start playing with these ideas you'll no doubt come up with other ones on your own. Please share when you do.