Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you have to cancel class

I was just curious of the instructors if you had to cancel a class what would you do? Would you add another class on the end? Give a small refund? Or just cancel the class and that be it?

Post Thanks / Like

When one of my classes is canceled to due weather or if I had to cancel due to my own illness, I would simply extend the current session (I teach in 6-week sessions) by a week.
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

I'm following a course that has 30-week sessions. Last year, we missed a lesson because the teacher was ill. She extended the session by a week, just like Gia does.

Post Thanks / Like

At our school, we also add an extra class on the end. For students, who miss a class or two, they are allowed to have a make-up private session or join another class that is dancing at their level.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

same - we just go for one week longer.

Post Thanks / Like

For my part, it is near impossible to "add on" to the end, since the series' run right up to one another. With holidays and various things already cutting into the series, if I have to cancel, I will usually offer a discount on the next session equal to one class.

Post Thanks / Like

Our classes follow the school terms, so there is usually a 2-week break between terms. Last year my teacher was stuck in horrendous traffic and couldn't make it to her beginners' class, so she extended the term for another week so nobody missed out.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I asked is because my teacher sent us an email last week stating there would be no class because she is going to a bd workshop. (She invited us) She had made no mention of a makeup class or anything. In fact at our last class (which was after the email) I don't think she mentioned the class being cancelled at all...There is another teacher that starts teaching after her but as they work together I don't see why she couldn't start a week later...maybe there is a good reason...anyway I haven't been with her for long but she seems really sweet and I really like her and I don't want to be a spoiled sport but I can't help but feeling a bit cheated. I mean I would have paid the same money for the 5 classes versus the 6 but when you expect six...Maybe it will still work out.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally when a class is cancelled, the following two classes last an hour and a half, instead of the usual hour. Or we can also attend another class at a different hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Stacy,
    There is nothing spoiled or wrong with politely writing her back and asking, "Will there be some make-up class, or will we get to credit the one missed class toward a future session?" Let her know that you want your money's worth. That is just smart, not rude! As long as you put it nicely, and in a way that makes ti clear it's because you want to take classes with her and hate to miss out on a class (even put that in hte mail, if you feel so compelled), then she should be able to answer just as nicely as to what her contingency is!

Everyone else...*jealous glare* I am so jealous you can just add classes and hours willy-nilly. My schedule is so tight (teach 4 nights a week in the ONLY free time at the studios I teach at) there is no way to be that flexible. I supposed it keeps me more strict to my schedule than I would be otherwise, but sometimes it feels downright confining to have to be so careful not to book things that overlap with class unless I schedule class precisely right around it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast