Tummyhiding Choli?

M'Lady Caija

I'm planning to sew a Choli this weekend but I have a confidence area that is low and thats my belly. surprise surprise :shok: seems like that's quite common amongst new dancers :confused:

How should I do to make some sort of cover for my midriff but still be able to have and open back? (since my back is not a problem area :pray:)

Daimona

How should I do to make some sort of cover for my midriff but still be able to have and open back? (since my back is not a problem area :pray:)

A friend of mine once bought a choli with a rectangular piece hanging from the front of the choli that hides her tummy.

gisela

Super Moderator
This is not a choli but still, covering the tummy while not covering the back.

(From Sufel Boutique)

M'Lady Caija

Gisela, Daimona and Dunyah thank you!!!! Now I at least have an idea how to do this :)

Daimona, I'd really appriciate if your friend could do that!

I LOVE this forum!!! :dance::pray::redface:

M'Lady Caija

Colours of the fabrics I'm going to use this weekend :)

First one is my primary goal, a choli in stretch in the burgundy-redish stretch-fabric and then attach arms with the patterned viscose/poly-ish in the same colour-range. I have really bad knowledge by different types of synthetic fabrics. My forté is wool, linen, silk and that kinda materials ;) Will also do one choli of the burgundy fabric and don't mix at all, just keep it plain.
The striped fabric is more like "Flanell" a cotton that is plain on one side and a bit fussy on the other for pants.

Next set is a bright patterned stretch fabric from some cotton blend. That will become a choli or a wrap/tie blouse witch 3/4 arm. The blue is also a cottonblend and quite stretchy, will make extremely comfy yoga/practice pants :D

Last pic is two smaller pieces of cotton-stretch-fabric (the striped one is marimekko) that I'm thinking about making an Choli out of but I'm unsecure if the colours actually work together or not... So some advice needed here :think:

Last edited:

M'Lady Caija

Pics on my ensemble will be posted as soon as I get my stuff home. Of course I forgot all my things at moms place like 4 hours with car on a highway away so you have to wait another couple of weeks before I post the pics ^^