Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Another teacher-to-be-someday?

Hello everyone. I was just reading the thread about Ariella's teaching job and I really got excited as I read, her experiences are so cool and really give me a good feeling about beginning to teach.

My first teaching experience will be next friday, I will be filling in for my teacher in one of our beginners classes. I was never extremely good at breaking down movements but I seem to be improving a bit step by step.
    My teacher does seem to have faith in me taking over a class, which gives me more confidence, but still I'm definitely very nervous about friday as I've never really taught a class before, except done warm up in our regular classes and assisted in beginners classes before.

I'm thoroughly preparing myself, having warmup and cooldown routines worked out already. I have explanations for various movements that actually make sense, knowing which muscles we use when/where, etc. I'm now filling in what to do for the actual class. I've already got some cool excercises figured out, and I think I'll manage to prepare for the class, but still nervousness is omnipresent.

Any advice for a very nervous newbie to teaching? Anything else I should keep in mind? Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to breath and you will be just fine. Congratualtions- and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, wonderful! I remember the first time I actually taught a class - I was really nervous and I forgot to mention heaps of things, but it went great and the students really enjoyed themselves and thought the class was perfect!
    So, try not too worry too much, it sounds like you're very well prepared, now just have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol thanks Shanazel , I won't forget.

I will Queenie!! I am still nervous but at least it's turning into positive nervousness a bit more now. I've still got some worries about my voice though, I'm not used to talking loudly or making myself hear'able to an entire group (does that word make sense or did I just make that up?), usually I'm a quiet, reasonably shy person.
    Last edited by Yshka; 01-30-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds familiar ...
    I'm quite shy as well - but for me it's very similar to performing; the dancer in me just takes over I'm sure it will be exactly the same for you! Keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like

I see, well my inner dancer usually takes over during performance, I sure hope it does during teaching as well!

Post Thanks / Like

COngratulations, and good luck, Yshka!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sweeties!! You're all great support

Post Thanks / Like

thats great news Yshka,well done!!you will be fantastic

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast