Another teacher-to-be-someday?

Yshka

I agree, I've sure felt what a responsibility it is being a teacher. I feel there's a lot for me to learn, but I aspire to someday become as good as I must be to really do it justice:)

P.S. Yasmine and Babylonia, thanks loads for your nice posts! Cheers Ariella! From the sound of your teaching thread you're also doing great yourself!!

Last edited:

Mariyam

Congratulations on your first teaching experience!! :D

Too bad Den Bosch is so far away, maybe I could take lessons with you ;) Were the lessons in Den Bosch or were they elsewhere??

Yshka

Hi Mariyam, thank you!! that is so sweet of you! I taught in Belgium (Genk). Our dance school has started a beginners class there a few months ago. The Belgian girls are really fun to teach!!:D

Usually our classes are in the Netherlands (Eindhoven). I might do private classes lol:lol:

Last edited:

Queenie

Yshka, I'm living in Western Flanders; teaching in the central area here as well. Born and raised and taking belly classes in Ghent though :)

Yshka

Cool! It's nice to meet so many people from just about all over the place, hi there in Gent!!:D I've heard it's a lovely city..

Queenie

Actually looking to move back there, can't say just how much I miss it!
Ah well. as with everything... one step at a time, right :dance:
Which takes us nicely back on topic ;)

Safran

To help the North-Western Europe stay on topic... Congratulations Yshka on the great class! Having actual teaching experiences will help you a lot on your way to growing into a good teacher!

So, if I will actually make it to the NL one day, I can take that private class of yours :D (I was supposed to visit you country last weekend, but plans changed and I went to Lebbeke in Belgium instead)

Yshka

Lol Queenie, we're on topic again!:lol:

Thanks so much Maariku! If you do come to the Netherlands, I'm sure we will meet:D How was Lebbeke?

Safran

Well, yeah... the Netherlands is like my country - it is no problem reaching from one end to another, especially as you've got the trains. I will surely let the Dutchies on this forum know before I plan my next trip to the neighbourhood! But Lebbeke was nice... I actually enjoy the countryside a lot more than Brussels.

Hmm, so off the topic we went again :rolleyes: :lol:

Yshka

hehe, AAAH! I did it again:lol: ! I taught our Belgian beginners class again tonight. It was great fun and already went better than before.. I also taught zills and the cane choreo we are doing in advanced class yesterday and it went great.

I think I'm getting the hang of this teaching thing...:D

Mariyam

Congratulations!! :D I'm glad it went better this time around... you're getting the hang of it, no questions about that :dance:

Do you when chould/should/would be your next time? Did you ask for feedback from your students?

Safran

Wow, congrats, Yshka! From my own experience with giving trainings I can predict - you won't only get the hang of it but you'll soon also get addicted to teaching ;)

Yshka

Hi everyone, thanks! Mariyam, I did ask for feedback the first time in Belgian beginners class, and they seemed to have liked it a lot and thought I explained well for them to understand. This time they also looked like they liked it, it was great fun. I also asked for feedback after advanced class and got very positive comments about the way I taught our choreography.

I feel I have a lot to learn when it comes to teaching and I need to work on breaking down movements, but the explaining already went better than last time and I seemed to be able to relax in my position as teacher this time (considering I usually am quite shy and also hate getting up to give a lecture in front of a group of people in college :lol: ). It's all very new to me but I'm starting to like it more and more.

Maariku, I work hard and hope to become better at it so I can grow up to be a good teacher. I don't know when I'll be teaching again though.

Last edited: