Wookie fusion

Ariadne

I obviously think the wookie dance was absolutely hilarious. :D

ANOTHER NERD ALERT:

I love the idea of a Klingon bellydance performance and the setting was perfect. As cool as it would have been to see it performed with a Bat'leth the Cas Haweis worked just fine. I do have to agree with Farasha though that the body language was off for a Klingon performance. It's a warrior culture where the women are supposed to be even more dangerous then the men. I'm going to take it a step further and point out that the movement really needs to follow the music and her movements were to light at times for what was very heavy music. I will also say that I would love to see an actually Klingon style of bellydance be developed. They have a language they deserve some real art to go with it. ;)

PS. I love the fact people are actually dissecting the performances as art instead of just writing them off as novelties. Does that make us nerds or just perfectionists?

NoisyAstronomer

I just joined this forum and this is the first thread I read.

Oh my goodness. This made my nerd heart so happy!! I think if a TARDIS showed up on stage my life would be complete.

Yame

Funny, I'd just seen that an hour ago before coming here. I wouldn't take that seriously and try to dissect it. It's just someone trying to have fun and make people laugh. No matter how appropriate the costume or music could have been, there's nothing culturally appropriate about belly dancing in a chewbacca costume.

Last Halloween I performed as a Sith, red lightsaber and all. Wish I had the video...

Farasha Hanem

Fantasy dance in the perfect nerd venue is loads of fun to watch, but here's my problem: when the costume detracts from the quality of the dance, it's no longer fun for me to watch. The dancer looked like she was...what's the word? :think: "encumbered?" She had problems with her skirt, and I think if I'd been in her shoes/costume, I would have been uncomfortable as all get-out. She's a good dancer, and kudos to her for doing this, but I still have to ask, "whyyyyyyyyy?" :confused: I have ENOUGH problems dancing regular, what with veils trying to eat me, earrings that want to have a Fight Club with said veils, and hair things that fly out during a performance to have to dance in a "giant walking carpet!" :confused:

See my Star Wars reference? :D

Oh, not to mention fake boobies slipping out and plopping on the stage... -_-;;;

Last edited:

Shanazel

Super glue.;)

I had no idea what I was starting with that first video. :lol: I'll have to tell Dinero what posting it for me on the doof forum lead to.

Shanazel

:lol::lol: Go look at the site and you'll begin to understand. It's a site for Harley riders yet condescends to accept (more or less) those of us who ride rice burners.