Can you recommend a song to be danced with zills?

Mushkila

Hi girls!

I'm looking for a song (with drums but not only) to be danced with zills.

I'm teaching zills to my intermediate / advanced students who have never learned them so I'd love to find a song which is not for beginners but also has easy drums inside (for "easy" I mean baladi / maksoum / melfouf rythms, maybe not too quick) .. :rolleyes:

Can anyone suggest me a song?

Thank you :redface:

Virginia

Farasha Hanem

Hi, there are also some fantastic male zillers here, as well as girls. ;)
There should be a thread already in this subforum on songs for zilling, but. I can't copy/pasteURL's from my iPhone. :confused: hang on...

Farasha Hanem

rats, I can't find it, and I jus double-posted. :wall: I know there's a drum solo on the "10 Songs Every Bellydancer Should Know," but I've been up all night and can't think. I'll look it up after some sleep! @______@

Mushkila

thank you! don't worry I'll have a look again, I've already searched before posting but couldn't find anything, I'll try again... I think I need some sleep too even if here it's only afternoon :lol:

Sophia Maria

I always find Solace is good to zil to. There is an album called "Rhythm of the Dance" which is just basic rhythms (just drums), but I find it's useful for understanding the basic rhythms and how to zil them. They also do stuff like this

I also do a fair amount of zilling to this two songs from the same album

Of course, those are both pretty fast...

This is some version of Habibi Ya Eini

Let us know if this helps

Farasha Hanem

Just looked up the song I was thinking of---it's "Solo Gamalat," and it's on the "10 Songs Every Bellydancer Should Know" CD. :D

Mushkila

:D thank you so much!!!
I'll listen to them this afternoon after my work, I'm sure I'll find something interesting!

Thank you again!:dance:

Virginia

Mushkila

Finally I chose this one Solace - Naga - YouTube

It's not fast, there's only a baladi rhythm so it's not too difficult to play with zills, I think it's a hypnotic song, thank you so much for your suggestions, they've been really helpful! :dance:

Last edited: