Good eBay source for beaded fringe?

Farasha Hanem

I've been seeing beaded bedlahs on eBay in the past couple of days; next time I'm on the computer, I'll post some links. :)

Edit: OOPS, you want fringe, sorry! :redface:

Darshiva

There's a lady of facebook who's often selling good quality egyptian glass fringe. If I see it again I'll link you.

Amulya

So far I have probably found the fringe I am looking for but I'd love to see if she has better ones :)

Amulya

No worries, I think I have found the ultimate fringe and its only $14!!!! How bad is that :p and it's proper Egyptian fringe as well :D

Ariadne

Ah, Amulya? I'm not sure that is what you are looking for. The pictures are identical with the ones in this sellers store (items in B3AD3D store on eBay!). I purchased some custom fringe from B3AD3D last year. It is not as thick as the seller you are looking at makes it appear. The only picture I found from alfayrouz is doubled and then badly photoshopped to hide it. This picture from the other seller shows the correct thickness. It's knotted on the bottom of each fringe (normal) and the edges of the beads are rather sharp.

I'm still trying to decide whether to use the ones I have after fray checking the knots and then making the bedlah in a way that I can replace the fringe easily or to just pass and chalk it up to experience. Basically you get what you pay for.

Amulya

Bummer, I bought one! But yes it's cheap so if it isn't what I expected it isn not too bad. He has 100% positive feedback though, that must count for something I hope.

So the place where he ripped the pictures off has better fringe? What confuses me is that both ask the same price for the fringe.

Ariadne

I think it's the same fringe, I would bet they're both getting it from the same source. B3AD3D's pictures have been changed since I ordered, but it is still definitely the exact fringe I ordered, and they both have the same photos. They both have 100% feedback as well. Who knows, maybe it's the same person.

Amulya

Do you think I should have bought two sets? That way I could double up and it wouldn't be scarce.

Darshiva

I think a second layer would do wonders. The fringe I got for my white bedlah is quite 'bald' as a single layer as well, but a double layer is looking quite lush.

Ariadne

That is what I did. The problem is that the "string" it is crocheted onto is so thick I'm looking at staggering the placing to compensate.
As a result I'm not sure what to tell you.

Amulya

I am planning to put the string inside the lining, won't show :) it ended up a bit expensive as they don't give discount for multiple items and shipping is more than the item itself! But still cheaper than making it myself I guess haha.

Last edited: