Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Hi from a newbie :)

Hey all!

I've been lurking around here for a while and finally joined. I've been interested in belly dance for several months now as I needed a fun way to get moving to aid in my weight loss. Ive been learning some moves from videos and I finally found a class starting in a few weeks with a gal who started a local troupe here in the central MN area. So excited!

I'm 24 year old stay at home mom to a 17 month old little girl and I run an etsy shop selling yarn, wool and hand knits. I also love to sew so I'm sure I will eventually be making some costumes!

Total disclosure (please don't throw things at me, haha) - I love Shakira. BUT: I love her music and songwriting as I was studying my Spanish major at the time she was just hitting it big, and I often translated her spanish songs as additional practice. I don't have any odd delusions that she is 'a belly dancer'. She's just Shakira!

Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. I'm sure a lot of folk like Shakira as a singer, songwriter, so no one will throw things at you
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! A lot of us like Shakira too, me included. She's a good "start" to get interested in bellydancing as she provides a door to the really good stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Default You're Not Alone!

Hi Kasha. I just joined recently and am new to belly dance also. Nice to meet you!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Kasha!