Hi from a newbie :)

Kasha

Hey all!

I've been lurking around here for a while and finally joined. I've been interested in belly dance for several months now as I needed a fun way to get moving to aid in my weight loss. Ive been learning some moves from videos and I finally found a class starting in a few weeks with a gal who started a local troupe here in the central MN area. So excited!

I'm 24 year old stay at home mom to a 17 month old little girl and I run an etsy shop selling yarn, wool and hand knits. I also love to sew so I'm sure I will eventually be making some costumes!

Total disclosure (please don't throw things at me, haha) - I love Shakira. BUT: I love her music and songwriting as I was studying my Spanish major at the time she was just hitting it big, and I often translated her spanish songs as additional practice. I don't have any odd delusions that she is 'a belly dancer'. She's just Shakira!

Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. I'm sure a lot of folk like Shakira as a singer, songwriter, so no one will throw things at you;):D
~Mosaic

Greek Bonfire

Welcome! A lot of us like Shakira too, me included. She's a good "start" to get interested in bellydancing as she provides a door to the really good stuff!

sansa

You're Not Alone!

Hi Kasha. I just joined recently and am new to belly dance also. Nice to meet you!