Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

@Daimona, as a matter of fact I do.

1 - Ya Laylet Magany El Ghaly - By Mohammed Roshdy
    2- Ew'a Tkoon Bet-heb Ya Alby - By Moharram Fouad
    7- Alemny El Hawa - By Zekra She was a really nice singer, passed away now.
    8- Nezlet lel Bahr - By Kazem Al Saher
    11- I sadly don't recognize that one at all. I'll keep searching though and let you know if I find anything.

Hope that helped

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    @Daimona, as a matter of fact I do.

1 - Ya Laylet Magany El Ghaly - By Mohammed Roshdy
    2- Ew'a Tkoon Bet-heb Ya Alby - By Moharram Fouad
    7- Alemny El Hawa - By Zekra She was a really nice singer, passed away now.
    8- Nezlet lel Bahr - By Kazem Al Saher
    11- I sadly don't recognize that one at all. I'll keep searching though and let you know if I find anything.

Hope that helped
    Brilliant! Thank you sooooo much! You have no idea how long I've been searching for the IDs of these songs...
    And I didn't realize some of them were that old. Wow!
    Last edited by Daimona; 10-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

lol! That's quite alright. And yeah, those are classics pretty much. Great choices by the way. I'm extremely fascinated by how you guys like such songs and music that I never thought were known to anyone outside of the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Please give me the name of these DRUMSS these is the drum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ToN...source=message

Post Thanks / Like

MizzNaa, thank you for your generous offer to help us non-Arabic speakers. Do you know anything about this video? There is a thread about it titled "Shakespeare Balady?". I understand that Samira Tawfik was a famous singer from Lebanon (lovely voice!) Can you tell us anything else about this clip and/or the movie it comes from? Thanks in advance.
    Samira Tawfik - A'Shak Ein Balady - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by argeneva View Post
    Please give me the name of these DRUMSS these is the drum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ToN...source=message
    Hey! I'm sorry for the delayed reply.

It says the video doesn't exist :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dunyah View Post
    MizzNaa, thank you for your generous offer to help us non-Arabic speakers. Do you know anything about this video? There is a thread about it titled "Shakespeare Balady?". I understand that Samira Tawfik was a famous singer from Lebanon (lovely voice!) Can you tell us anything else about this clip and/or the movie it comes from? Thanks in advance.
    Samira Tawfik - A'Shak Ein Balady - YouTube
    Hehe, well the thread title is quite accurate. The song is called Ana Juliette أنا جولييت "I'm Juliette" from the movie "Enta Omry" (You're my life...roughly translated)
    Last edited by MizzNaaa; 10-21-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

More suggestions

Al Hantoor - By Amina I'm not quite sure if you've heard of her, she's more sha'bi but yeah, I'm trying to be helpful and find songs that you might not have heard of . Anyway, I absolutely love her, she's adorable, has a really great spirit and her songs are awesome to dance to
    Beshweesh Al'ya - By Amina

Post Thanks / Like

Can I publicly state that I love you for this?

You are awesome.

And I am COMPLETELY in love with Qnawy's "Daughter Egg" song - LOL. (White -skinned girl.) Which is perfect for me (a pale white girl), since I was always kind of weirded out dancing to Habibi el Asmar. (love the song, don't fit the profile.)

Post Thanks / Like

Seconding the awesomeness of MizzNaaa.

Anyone know if there are any legal UK downloads for Amina? Or a CD? There are a few of her tracks (as Ameina) on the later BDSS CDs, but Amazon only has them for download in the US, not UK.

Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa
    I'm extremely fascinated by how you guys like such songs and music that I never thought were known to anyone outside of the area.
    The power of belly dance of course!

I would never have heard of ANY of it, ever, not even Oum Kalsoum, if it wasn't for getting into belly dance and starting to explore the music. Without family connections or local immigrant communities you just don't know... it's sad really.

Even with belly dance, digging further with the music is very much a minority interest in my experience. Lots of hobbyists (and I suspect a few pro's) are happy to stick to the usual belly dance CDs. It's understandable for performing as it's (theoretically) "safe" to dance to, but I love looking for background. Is that a well-known song? Who else has recorded it? Can I find other versions? (how many alternative transliterations can you think of?, cutting and pasting bits of Arabic you can't read), what else has that artist/ composer done? have I already got other versions without realising? ... and so it goes on and you spend happy hours pottering on YouTube and download sites.

If you don't have the cultural background and don't read Arabic you are pretty much clueless, but the learning is fun, and you find some great music.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast