Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

Does anybody know the name of this song? I know that it's Hakim's song, but does anybody know the exact name?

EDIT: Of course I forgot to add the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=386MbjGXhCs
    Last edited by Shadawing; 11-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes!

This is Hakim (he's...well used to be one of the most famous sha'bi (sort of?) singers here in Egypt)

The song is called Albi Ya Ho - by Hakim it's worth noting that the video clip attached to the song isn't actually the song's video clip. It's the video clip of his song Habouso (Rough translation: I'll kiss him, note that him doesn't mean he means a male lover, but usually when referring to your loved ones in Arabic you call them your beloved 'Habibi' which is in itself is considered a masculine word so it's common to refer to your loved one (female) as a he...complicated stuff :P)

This is his Wikipedia page

Pretty much all his stuff are perfect for belly dancing
    Last edited by MizzNaaa; 11-04-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, thank you for the detailed answer! ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the same song, featuring Olga Tanon, from the bonus CD from the DVD documentary, "American Bellydancer":

The documentary is available for purchase at American Bellydancer Bellydance Superstars documentary This version is also found on Hakim's CD, "Talakik."

I <3<3<3<3<3 Hakim!
    Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 11-05-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    This is Hakim (he's...well used to be one of the most famous sha'bi (sort of?) singers here in Egypt)
    If he has lost his position, who is the most famous nowadays? Or has the trend changed to other styles than sha'bi?
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    If he has lost his position, who is the most famous nowadays? Or has the trend changed to other styles than sha'bi?
    That's exactly what I thought when I first read this, but changed my mind about asking because I probably don't want to know.

HAKIM IS #1 TO ME!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    Well I can't say he 'lost' his position, he just has disappeared off the face of the earth for the past year, no new songs/singles/albums/video clips...etc.

The trend has indeed kinda changed, although his songs will remain very popular as he has his own style, as his was more folkloric mix with Sha'bi than what is considered Sha'bi here in Egypt.

As for Sha'bi, well the current trend came up when uhm, Sha'bi class? (I noticed that you guys call them that here) people started getting DJ gear and adding a few words and drum solos to a certain tune for people to dance on in baladi weddings.

Like those guys, who are technically the most famous now (I kinda don't like their 'songs' if you could even call them that, but they somehow manage to get people off their butts to dance)

Oka w Ortega |

I do believe that's always what has been considered Sha'bi here, but so were Hakim's songs and people who did his kind of music, so you could say both are two sub genres in the sha'bi genre. Both still very much exists (IMO nothing as good as Hakim's stuff) but the Oka and Ortega stuff are more common now.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can't say he 'lost' his position, he just has disappeared off the face of the earth for the past year, no new songs/singles/albums/video clips...etc.
    Thanks, I see.
    Keeping oneself on top of the charts and in the news while producing new material is certainly an art in itself..

The trend has indeed kinda changed, although his songs will remain very popular as he has his own style, as his was more folkloric mix with Sha'bi than what is considered Sha'bi here in Egypt.

As for Sha'bi, well the current trend came up when uhm, Sha'bi class? (I noticed that you guys call them that here) people started getting DJ gear and adding a few words and drum solos to a certain tune for people to dance on in baladi weddings.

Like those guys, who are technically the most famous now (I kinda don't like their 'songs' if you could even call them that, but they somehow manage to get people off their butts to dance)

Oka w Ortega |

I do believe that's always what has been considered Sha'bi here, but so were Hakim's songs and people who did his kind of music, so you could say both are two sub genres in the sha'bi genre. Both still very much exists (IMO nothing as good as Hakim's stuff) but the Oka and Ortega stuff are more common now.
    Judging by the example above Oka w Ortega is certainly not my cup of tea. I hate that kind of processing of the human voice (also in western music).
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    Here's the same song, featuring Olga Tanon, from the bonus CD from the DVD documentary, "American Bellydancer":

I <3<3<3<3<3 Hakim!
    Freaking love that version of the song <3<3<3

And I love Hakim too

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so mixed about that song by Oka w Ortega like it is a really interesting beat. I also digging that Hakim song that you posted Farasha!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast