Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 138
  1. #31
    Member MizzNaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @Munniko, don't get me wrong, they're famous for a reason. I've gone to some of their concerts, and the sure do know how to move a crowd, me included. When it comes to bellydance, I'm more of a Hakim type of music fan

  2. #32
    Member AndreaSTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stl. Louis, MO
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    and this one is not new (it's quite old actually but I absolutely adore it :Boss ala al Halawa
    I love this song! The Metkal Kenawe version is my favorite, but I will sing to them all.

    Thanks so much for helping out!

  3. #33
    Junior Member Shadawing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I need some audios (drums or else) on which I could practice my shimmy from slowest to fastest. Something like this:

    Belly Dance Moves: Hip Lifts and Basic Shimmy - YouTube - somewhere around 1:15

  4. #34
    Member Munniko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    @Munniko, don't get me wrong, they're famous for a reason. I've gone to some of their concerts, and the sure do know how to move a crowd, me included. When it comes to bellydance, I'm more of a Hakim type of music fan
    Oh no, I'm still in the inbetween where I would definitely dance to the music because it is really really catchy. I'm definitely more of a Hakim fan as well.

  5. #35
    AFK Moderator ~Diana~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    1,603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    !! I got so many songs I would love to know what they are saying, though I don't know for sure what language they are in. I'll try asap to get them listed here for you. I prefer to know what the lyrics are saying before I dance to them. LOVE the way they sound.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    .
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

  6. #36
    Member MizzNaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadawing View Post
    I need some audios (drums or else) on which I could practice my shimmy from slowest to fastest. Something like this:

    Belly Dance Moves: Hip Lifts and Basic Shimmy - YouTube - somewhere around 1:15
    well, I would suggest trying to do it on Bassem Yezbeck's drum solos. Mario Kirlis is good to but with shimmies, Bassem Yezbeck is amazing.

    He's famous (at least here) he's famous for his drum solo "Tablet Bassem"

    If you can shimmy to that, you'll be able to shimmy to anything, (that's a common saying here about Tablet Bassem) Hope that helped :3

  7. #37
    Moderator Shanazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountains USA
    Posts
    15,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Alas, I couldn't listen to that song. It is blocked here because of copyright laws.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

  8. #38
    Moderator Darshiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kyabram, Vic
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's an absolute classic Shan. Chances are you've not only heard it before but have danced to it before.

    Shoot me a pm sweetie.
    Bellydance in Kyabram!
    Skype classes a specialty.
    Email kyabrambellydance@gmail.com for more information.

  9. #39
    Junior Member Shadawing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MizzNaaa View Post
    well, I would suggest trying to do it on Bassem Yezbeck's drum solos. Mario Kirlis is good to but with shimmies, Bassem Yezbeck is amazing.

    He's famous (at least here) he's famous for his drum solo "Tablet Bassem"

    If you can shimmy to that, you'll be able to shimmy to anything, (that's a common saying here about Tablet Bassem) Hope that helped :3
    Thank you SO much!

  10. #40
    Member MizzNaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Diana~ View Post
    !! I got so many songs I would love to know what they are saying, though I don't know for sure what language they are in. I'll try asap to get them listed here for you. I prefer to know what the lyrics are saying before I dance to them. LOVE the way they sound.
    Aww, awesome! Let me know if I could help in anyway

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •