Ask me for music if you want & Music suggestions

MizzNaaa

Being Egyptian, I've had more access to the our arabic music, and I've seen a lot of "What's the name of this song" pop up. So if you need something feel free to ask :)

Some of my favorite all time drum solos/songs (I'm pretty sure all of you gorgeous ladies know the songs already)
``````

UPDATE: I decided to sort all songs mentioned in the thread here for easy access and for people who just want to check out BD music they might not have listened to. I update my suggestion list every while when I stumble upon something or remember a song I like.

Mizzy's song suggestions:
Fe Eshk Al Banat في عشق البنات by Mohamed Mounir
Habibi ya Einy حبيبي يا عيتي by Maya Yazbek
Tablet Basem by Basem Yazbek he's a drum solo genius. Love all his drum solos.
Song by Mario Kirlis (don't quite know the name) but yeah, Mario Kirlis is awesome.
Edahrag W Egry
Shamandora, also by Mohamed Mounir.
Sayad (Fisherman)
Boss Ala Al Halawa (This is an ultimate classics that I adore : Look at the beauty - translated roughly by Al Sheikh Metkal)
Also this one: El Bent Beida - Translates to the white skinned girl - also by Sheikh Metkal.
Al Hantoor - By Amina I'm not quite sure if you've heard of her, she's more sha'bi but yeah, I'm trying to be helpful and find songs that you might not have heard of :D. Anyway, I absolutely love her, she's adorable, has a really great spirit and her songs are awesome to dance to :D
Beshweesh Al'ya - By Amina
Meya Meya (100- 100) - by Tarek el Sheikh

````

Songs suggested by other people (With Lyrics translated to English):

Daimona: Link to post
Ya Laylet Magany El Ghaly - By Mohammed Roshdy
Ew'a Tkoon Bet-heb Ya Alby - By Moharram Fouad
Alemny El Hawa - By Zekra She was a really nice singer, passed away now.
Nezlet lel Bahr - By Kazem Al Saher

Dunyah:Link to post
Samira Tawfik - A'Shak Ein Balady - YouTube

Shadawing:Link to post
Albi Ya Ho - by Hakim

Farasha Hanem:Link to post
Sitt Akull - dunno by whom

Last edited:

da Sage

Thank you for the offer! What are some of your favorite new (last year or so) songs for dancing?

Greek Bonfire

Oh that gorgeous Egyptian music! The classics are a joy to dance to, so many nuances, patterns and layers. Thanks for this.

MizzNaaa

oh darn, Sara, I've been researching non-stop yesterday and today with no luck. It's so familiar too...grr. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find anything.

MizzNaaa

Thank you for the offer! What are some of your favorite new (last year or so) songs for dancing?

To be completely honest, I haven't danced to new songs for the past few years. Mostly old classics that I really love.

However, this technically isn't a new song (it's a remake of a folklore song here) by Mohamed Mounir that was released this year

Edahrag W Egry

some relatively new-ish ones (in the past 7-8 years) is this one, Shamandora, also by Mohamed Mounir.

Also this one (also by Mounir, I kinda love him LOL) Sayad (Fisherman)

and this one is not new (it's quite old actually but I absolutely adore it :Boss ala al Halawa
Those are the ones I could think of on the top of my head. I added them to the top post. :)

Last edited:

Daimona

Hi MizzNaaa!
You wouldn't happen to know titles and artists of these oldies, would you?

These are probably mid-1990ies or older. My first teacher got them on a cassette from Aida Nour when she visited Cairo in mid- and late 90ies, but doesn't know more about the songs herself:
1 - originally app. 5:30 minute. Title and artist are unknown.
2 - originally app. 4:50 long. Title and artist are unknown.
7 - originally app. 5:50 long.
8 - originally app. 3:40 long. Sorry for the lousy sound quality.
11 - originally app.3:30 long. I’ve learnt to know this one as “zextra”, it might be from a movie soundtrack, but I’ve never found the movie or another title for the song.

Daimona

@Daimona, as a matter of fact I do.

1 - Ya Laylet Magany El Ghaly - By Mohammed Roshdy
2- Ew'a Tkoon Bet-heb Ya Alby - By Moharram Fouad
7- Alemny El Hawa - By Zekra She was a really nice singer, passed away now.
8- Nezlet lel Bahr - By Kazem Al Saher
11- I sadly don't recognize that one at all. I'll keep searching though and let you know if I find anything.

Hope that helped :)

Brilliant! Thank you sooooo much! :dance: You have no idea how long I've been searching for the IDs of these songs...
And I didn't realize some of them were that old. Wow!

Last edited:

MizzNaaa

lol! That's quite alright. And yeah, those are classics pretty much. Great choices by the way. I'm extremely fascinated by how you guys like such songs and music that I never thought were known to anyone outside of the area.

Dunyah

MizzNaa, thank you for your generous offer to help us non-Arabic speakers. Do you know anything about this video? There is a thread about it titled "Shakespeare Balady?". I understand that Samira Tawfik was a famous singer from Lebanon (lovely voice!) Can you tell us anything else about this clip and/or the movie it comes from? Thanks in advance.

MizzNaaa

MizzNaa, thank you for your generous offer to help us non-Arabic speakers. Do you know anything about this video? There is a thread about it titled "Shakespeare Balady?". I understand that Samira Tawfik was a famous singer from Lebanon (lovely voice!) Can you tell us anything else about this clip and/or the movie it comes from? Thanks in advance.

Hehe, well the thread title is quite accurate. The song is called Ana Juliette أنا جولييت "I'm Juliette" from the movie "Enta Omry" (You're my life...roughly translated)

Last edited:

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Can I publicly state that I love you for this?

You are awesome.

And I am COMPLETELY in love with Qnawy's "Daughter Egg" song - LOL. (White -skinned girl.) Which is perfect for me (a pale white girl), since I was always kind of weirded out dancing to Habibi el Asmar. (love the song, don't fit the profile.)

Aniseteph

Seconding the awesomeness of MizzNaaa.

Anyone know if there are any legal UK downloads for Amina? Or a CD? There are a few of her tracks (as Ameina) on the later BDSS CDs, but Amazon only has them for download in the US, not UK. :( :protest:

MizzNaaa said:
I'm extremely fascinated by how you guys like such songs and music that I never thought were known to anyone outside of the area.

The power of belly dance of course! ;)

I would never have heard of ANY of it, ever, not even Oum Kalsoum, if it wasn't for getting into belly dance and starting to explore the music. Without family connections or local immigrant communities you just don't know... it's sad really.

Even with belly dance, digging further with the music is very much a minority interest in my experience. Lots of hobbyists (and I suspect a few pro's) are happy to stick to the usual belly dance CDs. It's understandable for performing as it's (theoretically) "safe" to dance to, but I love looking for background. Is that a well-known song? Who else has recorded it? Can I find other versions? (how many alternative transliterations can you think of?, cutting and pasting bits of Arabic you can't read), what else has that artist/ composer done? have I already got other versions without realising?:lol: ... and so it goes on and you spend happy hours pottering on YouTube and download sites.

If you don't have the cultural background and don't read Arabic you are pretty much clueless, but the learning is fun, and you find some great music.