Ask me for music if you want & Music suggestions

MizzNaaa

Oh yes!

This is Hakim (he's...well used to be one of the most famous sha'bi (sort of?) singers here in Egypt)

The song is called Albi Ya Ho - by Hakim it's worth noting that the video clip attached to the song isn't actually the song's video clip. It's the video clip of his song Habouso (Rough translation: I'll kiss him, note that him doesn't mean he means a male lover, but usually when referring to your loved ones in Arabic you call them your beloved 'Habibi' which is in itself is considered a masculine word so it's common to refer to your loved one (female) as a he...complicated stuff :p)

This is his Wikipedia page

Pretty much all his stuff are perfect for belly dancing :D

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

If he has lost his position, who is the most famous nowadays? Or has the trend changed to other styles than sha'bi?

That's exactly what I thought when I first read this, but changed my mind about asking because I probably don't want to know. :(

HAKIM IS #1 TO ME!!! :D :D :D :D :dance: :clap:

MizzNaaa

If he has lost his position, who is the most famous nowadays? Or has the trend changed to other styles than sha'bi?

Well I can't say he 'lost' his position, he just has disappeared off the face of the earth for the past year, no new songs/singles/albums/video clips...etc.

The trend has indeed kinda changed, although his songs will remain very popular as he has his own style, as his was more folkloric mix with Sha'bi than what is considered Sha'bi here in Egypt.

As for Sha'bi, well the current trend came up when uhm, Sha'bi class? (I noticed that you guys call them that here) people started getting DJ gear and adding a few words and drum solos to a certain tune for people to dance on in baladi weddings.

Like those guys, who are technically the most famous now (I kinda don't like their 'songs' if you could even call them that, but they somehow manage to get people off their butts to dance)

Oka w Ortega |

I do believe that's always what has been considered Sha'bi here, but so were Hakim's songs and people who did his kind of music, so you could say both are two sub genres in the sha'bi genre. Both still very much exists (IMO nothing as good as Hakim's stuff) but the Oka and Ortega stuff are more common now.

Daimona

Well I can't say he 'lost' his position, he just has disappeared off the face of the earth for the past year, no new songs/singles/albums/video clips...etc.

Thanks, I see.
Keeping oneself on top of the charts and in the news while producing new material is certainly an art in itself..

The trend has indeed kinda changed, although his songs will remain very popular as he has his own style, as his was more folkloric mix with Sha'bi than what is considered Sha'bi here in Egypt.

As for Sha'bi, well the current trend came up when uhm, Sha'bi class? (I noticed that you guys call them that here) people started getting DJ gear and adding a few words and drum solos to a certain tune for people to dance on in baladi weddings.

Like those guys, who are technically the most famous now (I kinda don't like their 'songs' if you could even call them that, but they somehow manage to get people off their butts to dance)

Oka w Ortega |

I do believe that's always what has been considered Sha'bi here, but so were Hakim's songs and people who did his kind of music, so you could say both are two sub genres in the sha'bi genre. Both still very much exists (IMO nothing as good as Hakim's stuff) but the Oka and Ortega stuff are more common now.

Judging by the example above Oka w Ortega is certainly not my cup of tea. I hate that kind of processing of the human voice (also in western music).

Munniko

I'm so mixed about that song by Oka w Ortega like it is a really interesting beat. I also digging that Hakim song that you posted Farasha!

MizzNaaa

@Munniko, don't get me wrong, they're famous for a reason. I've gone to some of their concerts, and the sure do know how to move a crowd, me included. When it comes to bellydance, I'm more of a Hakim type of music fan

Munniko

@Munniko, don't get me wrong, they're famous for a reason. I've gone to some of their concerts, and the sure do know how to move a crowd, me included. When it comes to bellydance, I'm more of a Hakim type of music fan

Oh no, I'm still in the inbetween where I would definitely dance to the music because it is really really catchy. I'm definitely more of a Hakim fan as well.

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
!! I got so many songs I would love to know what they are saying, though I don't know for sure what language they are in. I'll try asap to get them listed here for you. I prefer to know what the lyrics are saying before I dance to them. LOVE the way they sound.

MizzNaaa

I need some audios (drums or else) on which I could practice my shimmy from slowest to fastest. Something like this:

Belly Dance Moves: Hip Lifts and Basic Shimmy - YouTube - somewhere around 1:15

well, I would suggest trying to do it on Bassem Yezbeck's drum solos. Mario Kirlis is good to but with shimmies, Bassem Yezbeck is amazing.

He's famous (at least here) he's famous for his drum solo "Tablet Bassem"

If you can shimmy to that, you'll be able to shimmy to anything, (that's a common saying here about Tablet Bassem) Hope that helped :3

Darshiva

It's an absolute classic Shan. Chances are you've not only heard it before but have danced to it before.

Shoot me a pm sweetie.

Shadawing

well, I would suggest trying to do it on Bassem Yezbeck's drum solos. Mario Kirlis is good to but with shimmies, Bassem Yezbeck is amazing.

He's famous (at least here) he's famous for his drum solo "Tablet Bassem"

If you can shimmy to that, you'll be able to shimmy to anything, (that's a common saying here about Tablet Bassem) Hope that helped :3

Thank you SO much! :)

MizzNaaa

!! I got so many songs I would love to know what they are saying, though I don't know for sure what language they are in. I'll try asap to get them listed here for you. I prefer to know what the lyrics are saying before I dance to them. LOVE the way they sound.

Aww, awesome! Let me know if I could help in anyway :D