Hello, everyone!

AyaKara

Nice to meet you all! My name is Kara & I am a 20-year-old student from NYC studying Psychology with minors in Biology & Philosophy -- I intend on starting my PhD in Clinical Neuropsychology in 2014. I work in a counseling center on campus & also work as a research assistant in the Psychology department!

I recently began belly dance on September 5th after years of wanting to do so but never having the time, resources, or being too late to register (classes were always full!). Needless to say, I fell in love! I've spent the last two weeks reading all about the history of BD, the different styles, & more (not to mention that Shira.net has been my best friend ;) ).

I currently take one 1-hour weekly class at my university where Trinity Ganios of Long Island & NY teaches us. She trained under Serena of SerenaStudios, Morocco (if I'm remembering correctly), Oreet, & she also knows Mimi Fontana & the lovely ladies over at Bellyqueen well.

I practice 30m-1h daily by myself. Next week, I'm going to my first workshop held by Naja of Tribe Hamsa (FCBD ATS)! Starting December 1st, I'll be beginning weekly Level 1 courses under Naja & the rest of the girls. Trinity intends on having me perform for the first time based on my training with Naja by late 2013-mid 2014 since she feels having 2-3 classes a week with my daily practice is good enough to do so. So, I'm excited for that!

I know that I had such a huge introduction, but I just wanted to give you all a bit of insight into who I am & my passion for belly dance . . . or raqs sharqi, to be politically correct. :) I'm very excited to begin this journey of mine, more than I can ever express with all of you right now -- but I promise that you'll get a feel for all of that as I grow over the next few years! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
A very warm
to the forum. You have been seriously bitten by the BD bug:lol: You've come to the right place - but there is no cure here, the BD bug actually gets worse;) But it is a fun bug. Enjoy your journey.
~Mosaic

AyaKara

A very warm
to the forum. You have been seriously bitten by the BD bug:lol: You've come to the right place - but there is no cure here, the BD bug actually gets worse;) But it is a fun bug. Enjoy your journey.
~Mosaic

You have no idea, Mosaic :lol: I'm so happy to be finally doing this, it feels like a dream come true. :pray: Thank you for welcoming me, I can't wait to get to know all of you better!

Oreet

Hello AyaKara!

Welcome. So glad your first teacher was Trinity! She's awesome. So nice to meet you. I go back to NYC 1-2x per year. I will definitely be there in June. Hope to see you at one of my workshops. Feel free to email me via my website, SharQui – The Bellydance Workout® | Sweat Sexy!, and I would be happy to put you on my email list to notify you of where I will be teaching.

Respectfully,
Oreet