Hello from Scotland

BellyMel

Hi All

I have just signed up to the forum and wanted to say hello to everyone! I'm heading off to bed now (not sure where everyone is located, but it's passed midnight here!) so I'll have a good look around tomorrow.

Mel :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
To the forum:D I am in Australia & it is 10am here, so as you end your day I have begun mine. Sleep well & I'll look forward to seeing you around the forum.
~Mosaic

AyaKara

Nice to meet you, Mel! Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie too! I just joined on Friday. :D What's your BD history & Experience like? :dance:

BellyMel

Nice to meet you, Mel! Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie too! I just joined on Friday. :D What's your BD history & Experience like? :dance:

Hello. I joined on Friday too! :D

I started dancing 2 and a half years ago as the gym I was a member of started doing it as an exercise class. I started it as I was getting bored with my exercise regime & thought it would be fun. About 9months after starting my teacher asked the class if we wanted to do the dance we'd learned in her annual charity night. I did & after that my teacher asked me if I wanted to start going to the performance class & learn more dances & do more shows. I said yes & went along. I have to admit that I nearly didn't go back after my first experience of the performance class as it was a lot faster paced & there was no taking it easy like in the class at the gym, this was a serious dance class! But I persevered & I was soon coping with the pace.

I've still got a lot to learn & my chest shimmy is not my strong point but I love being in the performance class & being able to progress with my dancing & learn lots of different choreography.

What about you? Have you been dancing long? How did you get into it?

AyaKara

Hello. I joined on Friday too! :D

I started dancing 2 and a half years ago as the gym I was a member of started doing it as an exercise class. I started it as I was getting bored with my exercise regime & thought it would be fun. About 9months after starting my teacher asked the class if we wanted to do the dance we'd learned in her annual charity night. I did & after that my teacher asked me if I wanted to start going to the performance class & learn more dances & do more shows. I said yes & went along. I have to admit that I nearly didn't go back after my first experience of the performance class as it was a lot faster paced & there was no taking it easy like in the class at the gym, this was a serious dance class! But I persevered & I was soon coping with the pace.

I've still got a lot to learn & my chest shimmy is not my strong point but I love being in the performance class & being able to progress with my dancing & learn lots of different choreography.

What about you? Have you been dancing long? How did you get into it?

WOW! How cool! I love hearing people's BD stories, they're always so different. That was so nice of your teacher to invite you! That means you're really getting into BD now that you've joined a forum :lol: what do you intend on doing with your technique: teaching, performing, dancing for fun? :)

I actually just started! I've always wanted to do it but classes were always full in middle & high school. Once I saw that my college was offering it, I started going, & here I am 6 weeks later! I'm going to start ATS with an instructor in December. :dance:

Bast

Hello :)

I was born in scotland, but now enjoying the Aussie summers. See you around the forums.

BellyMel

Hello :)

I was born in scotland, but now enjoying the Aussie summers. See you around the forums.

Lucky you getting to enjoy the Australian weather! I spent a year traveling in Australia & I'd love to go back. Got family & friends in NSW, so hopefully get a trip over in the next year or 2.