Body image

Moon

I understand Stacy. Seeing a docter for something like this he will probably send you to a psychlogist and though that might help, I understand it's scary cause it might be a long and emotionally very hard way.
I think it's great you found the courage to talk about it on the forum. It might be the first step towards a healthier life and I'm sure that will make you more happy too.

Last edited:
my weight fluctuates because I binge eat (occassionaly binge and purge) (I need to see a therapist not a dietician) and when my weight starts climbing I know if I don't make a change my weight will continue to rise and will get out of control so then I lose some of the weight I gained thus the up and down.
A word about purging, the gastric contents contain hydrochloric acid, digestive enzymes and electrolytes. The acid will dissolve the soft tissue of the esophagus causing ulcers and pain when swallowing food. Also without the digestive enzymes in your stomach, most of your food will not be broken down properly in order for your body to receive nutrients. Finally, the continued loss of electrolytes(potassium, sodium and chloride) will cause vital areas of your body from working properly such as your heart. Ok so that was more than a 'word', but you get the drift.
Yasmine

Venefica

I need to she a psycologist to, and it is hard. I have depression and while it do not make me hurt myself directly, it make me apartic and make me eat to much soI become huge, it also reduce my enyoyment of life, but it is seacry to go seek the help one need, especialy since mental problems is so looked down upon, one is often treated as a freak if one have some sort of mental problem, and that is just sad, it also pisses me of. However i think it is inportant to see a doctor, they are there to help so one can get well, and especialy if one have a problem that can get worce one have to be veary careful and watch one self.

sstacy123

A word about purging, the gastric contents contain hydrochloric acid, digestive enzymes and electrolytes. The acid will dissolve the soft tissue of the esophagus causing ulcers and pain when swallowing food. Also without the digestive enzymes in your stomach, most of your food will not be broken down properly in order for your body to receive nutrients. Finally, the continued loss of electrolytes(potassium, sodium and chloride) will cause vital areas of your body from working properly such as your heart. Ok so that was more than a 'word', but you get the drift.
Yasmine

Ah, the nurse in you coming out...I watch/read anything I see related bulimia so I know a lot of that bad stuff about it. I guess that is the sick thing in my head that I'm not as worried about the internal damage I do to myself rather than the external (teeth) that I mentioned. Though to an extent I think I rationalize it by telling myself I don't do it often enough to really hurt myself.

What is also bad is that a lot of my reluctance to go is more about me just not wanting to make the phone calls to set it up...I have a thing about not liking to make phone calls. Though I do fear the homework he could possibly give me.

Last edited:

Venefica

Aboute the teeth, pepole are that way. In Norway tehy tried all sort of shck campains to get pepole to not smoke, look at what it will do whit your health, but the one thing that showed alot of effect was a campein that told pepole they would have ugly teeth, yellow fingers and other unsavory effects to their looks, pepole are vein, we are all vein to some extent I think or at least most of us, we are born that way.

Moon

Oh Stacy I feel the same way... I had to see the docter for something (don't worry it had nothing to do with my health) and it costed me more then a year to make the phone call! After that it was easier to actually go but I was very scared I even after the appointment I felt sick all day :cool:
Do you live alone or together with someone? It's hard to eat a proper meal every day when you live alone and always have to do all the shopping on your own. Maybe it helps to make an appointment with someone to eat together once in a while?

sstacy123

No actually I'm 26 but I still live with my parents.:shok: But sometimes it makes it harder because I eat whatever my mother cooks and it makes it hard for me to plan calories and also figure them out when I'm not the one to prepare the food.

Babylonia

It's hard being the one who cooks the meals too. I have to accomodate a bunch of whiners when they each want somehting different (ain't gonna happen) or they each hate an ingredient the other one likes. Urgh! :mad:

Venefica

I would consentrate more on exersise and not eating sugar and fast food then i would on conting colories.

sstacy123

Well my personal feelings are that while exercise is important it is way easier to take in excess calories than to burn them.

Well you're right about that too Babylonia. I cook when I go to my boyfriend's and I want to cook the healthy stuff but he wants the less healthy stuff...Hard to win.

Last edited:

Venefica

That is true, however if one is fit one burn more calories, and it is not nomal food that one have to be so carful aboute, it is all the candy, hamburgers, french fries and so on. If one have a little extra gravy one ones meat or a bit of cream in ones soup, that realy do not make that mutch of a difference. And beside, it is alot more healthy to be a bit chubby and fit, than slender as a sylfide and unfit.

Leilah

I love how belly has made me feel aware of my body. I know it better than ever and I know that I can teach it to do even more! Belly has made me much more confident and comfortable. I see al my flat tummied sisters out there and I admire them. But I know we all come in different sizes and shapes, and it's all about the dance - not my body.