What is this song?

AyaKara

I watched this video last night (thanks to the lovely Darshiva :D) & am completely in love with the song that starts at 2:15. What is it? I love it so much & would love to perform to it one day. :redface:

Here is the link if the video itself doesn't work:

Last edited by a moderator:

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Aya, hope you don't mind me fixing the embedding on the YouTube vid. :) What you need to do in the future is after you hit the YouTube button when making a comment, and copy/pasting the YT link in between the thingies, erase everything to the left of the = sign, including the = (but don't erase the So then I tried using my SoundHound app on my smart phone. My smart phone appears to be stupid. :confused: I'm sorry I didn't have any luck helping you identify the song in question. :("> So then I tried using my SoundHound app on my smart phone. My smart phone appears to be stupid. :confused: I'm sorry I didn't have any luck helping you identify the song in question. :(" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

AyaKara

Thank you Farasha! I really appreciate it :D I checked out the edited post to see how you did it & figured it out. I'm a moderator on the Lady Gaga forum so I understand forum lingo well, thank god :lol:

I didn't even think of using SoundHound :shok: now that you said that, I'm definitely going to try using Shazam & MusicID! I don't have a Smartphone, but I have an iPod so I'm going to do that right now. I hope that I can find it! :pray:

I really love this song so much. Thank you for trying to help me out, you've been so kind since I've joined! :)

If anyone else knows the name of the song, please let me know!

AyaKara

Hi AyaKara,

The song at 2:15 is called Kakore Ja and is on the FatChanceBellyDance Muse Melodic Cd :)

It's a great song :D and a great CD also!

Here is the link to the CD on the FCBD wesite

Muse Melodic - $16.00 : Fat Chance Belly Dance, Catalog

OMG SILVERFYRE YOU'RE AMAZING, I'M SORRY THAT I'M FANGIRLING BUT I'M SO HAPPY THAT I COULD CRY, AHH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I don't even have a smiley suitable for how I feel! Thank you!

Silverfyre

:lol: You're welcome AyaKara, glad I could be of help :)

It's a really good CD actually, some really good songs on there.

Farasha Hanem

Thank you very much for your help, Silverfyre, you've made AyaKara very happy! :D

EDIT: OHMYGOSH I just found the CD on iTunes, and the group that performs it IS Helm!!! :shok: I thought it sounded a lot like their musical style!

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

OHMYGOSH yes! :D I have bits and pieces from four of their CD's; haven't bought all the tracks from them because I'm still working down the list of Jane's classical ME music recommendations, so I only have a few of Helm's tracks downloaded. I have tracks from "F'il Waha-At The Oasis," "Itneen," "Tribal Dance-Tribal Drums." and a rhythm instructional CD ( :D !) "Raqset Al Sajat."

THIS I ran into quite by accident while googling my dance name on the internet a few years ago, and it was my first introduction to Helm:

Seeing that the song has part of my dance name in it, it's obvious why I love it! :redface:

Here is "Raqset Il Olall" from the CD "F'il Waha-At The Oasis":

I tried to find some other music from Helm that I have, but couldn't find any more on YouTube. However, here is a link to their instructional rhythm CD:

Raqset al Sajat - Helm Finger Cymbal Instructional CD - free music samples

"Raqset Al "Sajat" and the other albums above are also all available on iTunes, if you want to collect a few tracks at a time and complete your album later. :D

Hope this gives you more music to love and enjoy! :D

Oh, even though in another thread you've said that later on you'll be taking BD lessons from Bellyqueen, if you still enjoy music that's geared more towards ATS/ITS, I think you would also love Solace, if you haven't been introduced to them yet. Here is Solace's "Nataraja-The Basal Mix":

Note on the performance: obviously not ATS or ITS, but Tribal Fusion. :D

"Zar Dance":

"Huda"

Sorry, when it comes to music, I tend to get carried away! :redface:

Last edited:

AyaKara

Farasha, thank you SO much for sending me all of this music. I will gladly be your music-sharing ear! :lol: I love a lot of the things that you've sent & it's helped put me on a starting path to finding music that I would enjoy. I'll continue checking out sounds from different artists & definitely make use of the Music subforum here! (I'm assuming that you have quite a presence over there? :D )

You have been so wonderful kind to me ever since I've started coming here, seriously, thank you so much. I really admire & appreciate you being around Farasha. I hope to see you perform one day. I know that I'll learn a lot from you during my time here :redface:

Farasha Hanem

Aww, you're more than welcome, Aya! ^^ I love music, and helping people, so connecting forum family to music they love is a joy! :D There are others here on the forum, also, who are more knowledgable than I am and who also love to help. :D

Silverfyre

Great post Farasha :D Some really great songs in there.

That FCBD Farasha perfomance was AWESOME and I actually hadn't seen that one before :shok:

AyaKara, you may also like Phil Thornton, and another FatChance album called Tribal Spirit

Here is a Phil Thornton one, I recommend Raqs Rhodope and Bay City Shimmy(FatChance Mix)

Phil Thornton | Nexus Tribal | CD Baby Music Store

Here is the Tribal Spirit one :)

Various Artists | Tribal Spirit | CD Baby Music Store

I'm happy to recommend more music although I think Farasha has you covered :). Most of my music collection is geared towards ATS so some of it may not appeal to you but I'm happy to recommend any if you want.

Happy dancing :dance:

Silverfyre

OOOH gonna add Solace's Huda to my collection as well, that one has somehow managed to evade me! I've been adding to my fast music collection over the last couple of days, I seem to have more slow than fast so I'm trying to even it out.

Thanks Farasha :D

AyaKara

I'm still a newbie so no performing for me for at least another year, but I can guarantee you that I'll definitely be looking at everything you two have been recommending for me when I start :pray: