Belly Dance Team Building

Jess

Does anyone have suggestions for 'team building exercises' for a belly dance group? Thanks!

Munniko

These are more general suggestions that I've used for orientations in the past.

- There is a game where you write questions on a mini-beach ball and toss it to people in a circle and take turns answering the question under a certain finger. It can help people get closer together and the questions can be really silly like "Who is the sexiest Muppet?"

-Pass the movement games where you could try passing some sort of shimmy around a circle or some other sort of movement.

In general I've found that the simpler the activity or the basis of it the more fun you can have because it gets silly like a game of Twister. Any specific areas you want to build on or is it just every thing?

Jane

Getting everyone together outside of a dance studio is usually enough. Costume shopping, cooking and eating a Middle Eastern meal together, going out for a beer, hiking, watching belly dance related movies, sewing and set building projects, etc. I made 20 gallons of sauerkraut with one of my old teachers. Shredding that much cabbage builds camaraderie :D

If you want to build dance teamwork have small groups work together to create or change a choreography. Mix up the groups from time so everyone has a chance to work together.