2012 Advent Calender signup

Shanazel

I DID NOT!!!! You are not a pain. I love you. Now shut up and take Litha. You can post anything you like. ;)

Shanazel

Okay, folks, we've had over 500 views and twelve signups counting Ariadne and me twice.

Was it something I said? Am I using funky font? Admittedly I am an inadequate replacement for Walladah, but she was reeeeeally busy this year.

Don't make me PM you one by one. :naghty: :lol:

Darshiva

I'll admit to being about 50 of them, refreshing & waiting to see if I did end up getting the 25th after all. :p

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I'll take the 22nd as a second date (maybe I won't have to do it seeing the Mayan calendar ends the day before:lol::lol: .... but that also depends whether the Mayans chose the Southern or Northern hemisphere time - if Northern then it will be all over on your 20th;) a big party to end all partys. Yay!
)

If someone else opts in for the 22nd I'll take the 9th or something.
~M

Shanazel

Farasha wanted the 22nd (deep fried shrimp day!) so I put the 9th as your second date, Mosaic.

We'll get 'er done one way or the other!

AndreaSTL

I've never done this before, but I will dive in for the 2nd. Is it an anything goes sort of thing as long as it's seasonal? Do you try to reflect your childhood or current traditions? Funny or serious?

Shanazel

Welcome to the advent calender! :clap::clap::clap:

You post whatever you like to help celebrate December and all its holidays. We've had everything from funny videos to recipes to poems. Thanks, Andrea, for joining us.

Silverfyre

Go on then...you pulled my arm!!!

Can I have the 23rd if it's still available?

No idea what I'm going to post yet but hopefully I'll find something :)

Sophia Maria

:( Sorry! I have been guilt-tripped. I would love to do this, maybe the 11th? I've never done this before so I will try to think of something...let me know!

Shanazel

I'm a mom- guilt tripping is my vocation. :D

Y'all are in the system. Six more days to fill, the treats start on Saturday with Ariadne.

Daimona

For anyone unsure of how it works, have a look through last years calendar. It can be anything from a poem to a youtube video of cats with santa hats, a cookie recipe or a drawing.

The Official Advent Calendar 2011 - Belly Dance Forums

And here is some more previous advent calendars:
Advent calendar 2010

Advent calendar 2009

For the days Dec 25-Jan 5 we've also had a Goblin Calendar, for tricksters and jokes (read more about the background of it here):
Goblin calendar 2011-2012

Goblin calendar 2010-2011

Shanazel

ADVENT CALENDER STARTS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!

Last chance, folks. If all slots aren't filled by tomorrow night the rest of us will have to cowgirl up and take the extras. Hee-hee-hee. Like that is a chore.

I'm ready! I love this OD tradition. :yay: