Greetings from Australia

Ma'lyssah Aaminah

Hello Dancers World Wide :)

What a wonderful medium you have here for communicating with each other...it is a cliche I know, but the world doesn't really seem as expansively large geographically when there is a forum to meet and share with each other. On the other hand this place is a valuable resourse to display the expansive knowledge, wisdom, experience and opinions of many with the one common denominator....the love of dance!:D

Thankyou Salome and Anatolily for creating and maintaining the space, for which the commraderie that dance fosters, may be spread.

A little about me....umm,I took the game test about which kind of dancer are you? It came back as the Goddess Belly Dancer which is fairly accurate I would say. I have been dancing for about 7 years and even during the years of sporadic public performances or scanty attendance of workshops/classes, I have always danced for myself. The music, the rhthyms, the compulsion to dance and move and create is something that once turned on inside of one's self, is ever present and calling. Life, love , family and work may step up to demand our attention and resourses however the lull in focus to MED is rarely extinguished and it arises once again to the fore of our lives and those around us are caught up again in our love affair with the dance. That is my experience anyway.

It is school holidays here so I must go now and make glitter cards with the children as they have been patient all morning waiting for the baby to fall asleep so we can do this craft.

I look forward to seeing you all around and in continuing to deepen my understanding of the different aspects of MED.

In Happiness,

Ma'lyssah Aaminah

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull home of bellydancers from all over the world.
I'm Maria Aya, Greek-Aussie !!!!!!!!!!! but living in Athens now

xoxo
maria aya:)

Lydia

Welcome home!! and have a great time posting i am sure you find what you want here....happy dancing,Lydia

Babylonia

Hi, welcome to the forum. If it's the same quiz I think I came out as classic belly dancer. Have fun posting.

Inanna

Hello there and welcome to our great forum!

I took the same test and I am also the goddess belly dancer :D

Salome

Administrator
Hi Ma'lyssah,

Thank you Salome and Anatolily for creating and maintaining the space

most welcome! Look forward to your posts and participation in our community.

Ma'lyssah Aaminah

Ooh look at all the Aussies :D

I am on the West Coast..well not so coastal, in the hills east of perth surrounded by lots of trees and abundant native plants...ahh, sanctuary! Never thought I could be so at peace so far away from the ocean...I am born under the sign of pisces. I might start a thread to see what sun/moon signs the dancers here are...

Maria Aya, how is life in Greece? It was my dream to visit the Greek Islands when I was younger...my father took his lover there when I was about 9 and I was most jealous and offended that he didn't take me on their romantic get away since it was my dream destination..ha ha ha! It wasn't until I was older that it dawned on me why he wouldn't want his daughter tagging along with him on the trip :eek:

Gwinity cool avatar.

:)