Can anyone tell me the names of these two songs?

Erik

That first song is infectious, isn't it? I found it in a video from a different dancer and posted it earlier in the year but no one seemed to know. One of the YouTube comments called it "Saidi" and I was content with that but then realized that was the cane dance.

Anyway, I just wanted to reply in case someone out there knows the answer someday and I'll be subscribed to the thread.

Darshiva

I swear I've seen someone else perform that same choreo from vid 1 before! It looks really familiar but the dancer & the costume don't!

ETA that I am not accusing anyone of anything, just that choreo and the music have made their way into my brain before.

Last edited:

mandala

I have a hunch that the song in the second video is well-known, since the audience was singing along with it. I also believe that the language in both videos is Arabic, especially considering how the second vid take place in Dubai.

I'm really itching to know what both songs are---I'm thinking of making inquiries on an Arabic/English forum. I'll post here when I get something :)

gisela

Super Moderator
Didn't I write in this thread already? Weird...

Second one might be a version of Shuruk. I'll try to find another example.

Edit: I see, I accidentally wrote this on another thread as the videoembedding there played the wrong clip for me.

Last edited: