Hip scarf ideas.

Venefica

I want to create a wery sepcial hip scarf, whnever family and frinds go to other contries I will wish for them to bing me some smal coins back, so I can colect a colection of coins from different contries and also go looking for older coins and create a coin scarf for my hip out of that, might look a bit chaothic, but might be nice also.

Another idea I have is to take a pice of red silk and add Chineese coins to that, creating a bit of an I Ching style hip scarf. I recon I would need I dont know, 250-300 coins or so, might not be the cheapest but would look nice I think, give a bit of a new age feel to the scarf, and might bring good luck as well.

gwinity

Venefica, a friend of mine had a bunch of coins from when her ex was stationed in the middle east some time ago. She drilled holes in them, and used them to embellish her bra - it looks really good, and it's made the bra that bit more personal and precious to her, because of the history behind them. :) I think a similar idea will work really well for a hip scarf, too. :)

I've also thought of using Chinese coins as embellishments, because I've seen them quite cheap compared to 'proper' BD coins. On a piece of red silk, that will look really striking!

Do post pictures, won't you? :)

Venefica

I will. I just got the idea from an old custom of colecting buttons and treading them on a tread. One button here from a wedding, one from a baptisem here, here from an old flame and so on. They were often used in old tames as memory colecting for women that could not aford pictures taken. Theese button strings will allso acording to legend bring good luck and is used in the Pensylvania Dutch Magick system. I was thinking that coins resived from different contries and from different frinds might be nice.

Yes many chineese couns look real cheap, but other look nice, one just have to find the real ones and not the ones produced just for the new age crowd. When i get rich I want a hip scarf in red brocated silk full of antiqe real chineese coins. But that will be when I get rich. :D

Shanazel

The same woman who had the red gingham bedlah mentioned in another thread also made a costume using American pennies for the coins. It looked great, unlike the gingham, but it weighed a ton.

miss_shimmy

I adore your old coin idea..i was thinking simular for a bra actually:)
you know,use coins that come from somewhere sort of thing.
I cant wait to see what you come up with :)

I will. I just got the idea from an old custom of colecting buttons and treading them on a tread. One button here from a wedding, one from a baptisem here, here from an old flame and so on. They were often used in old tames as memory colecting for women that could not aford pictures taken. Theese button strings will allso acording to legend bring good luck and is used in the Pensylvania Dutch Magick system. I was thinking that coins resived from different contries and from different frinds might be nice.

that is great...

Last edited: