The name of this Remix?

DYinn Maciel

I've been searching for the name of this song, the music tagger (Is it the name for those programs? XD) says the name of separated songs, depending on which second I start it. For example, in the first part it says the name of the song is Roman (Remix) by M. Canan Öztürkatalay, but it's not the remix I want T_T Any help here? D:

Farasha Hanem

I didn't recognize the first one, but the last one is "Sidi Mansour." There are at least three or more versions of that one on iTunes. I'm sorry I couldn't help with the first track.

gisela

Super Moderator
Edit: Sorry, my first answer makes no sense. Somehow the embedding showed a different video. Perhaps my computer had some kind of hang up.

Now to your actual question.
The first part is this I think. Perhaps the teacher for the group has cut and edited the song to add Sidi Mansour at the end.

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

I noticed the description says, "Kasap Remix," but when I tried the SoundHound app again just now, it came up with "Roman (Remix)," by M. Canan Ozturkatalay, and it is indeed on iTunes. Thank you, Gisela Holmes, excellent research and deduction! :D What would we do without you? *hugshugs!*

EDIT: sorry, my keyboard isn't set up to insert the proper accents on names. :/

EDIT (again): Apparently, the name of the song is "Kasap," there are several versions on iTunes, but I think the exact one you want is "Roman (Remix)" by Ozturkatalay.

I'm guessing this is a Turkish song?

EDIT ONE MORE TIME: :shok: I looooooooove the version with the mizmar! :shok:

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Well, she says in the top post that Roman is NOT the remix she's looking for and indeed it doesn't sound anything like the video in the OP.

Kasap does sound like the song in the OP but it doesn't have Sidi Mansour tacked on at the end.

Farasha Hanem

Well, she says in the top post that Roman is NOT the remix she's looking for and indeed it doesn't sound anything like the video in the OP.

Kasap does sound like the song in the OP but it doesn't have Sidi Mansour tacked on at the end.

Right, I agree that it was spliced in for that particular performance.

When I did the SoundHound check, however, the exact version in the OP video came up as "Roman (Remix)." I wonder if there are two versions? :think:

EDIT: Used the SoundHound again on your vid, Gisela, and it came up with the same thing. According to the info, it's from the album, "Zumrece Turkish Belly (Dance Remix)." :think:

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Sorry for the double-post. I followed the link to the iTunes store, and it led me to the CD that has the version the OP wants. Yay! :dance:

gisela

Super Moderator
My theory is that the remix you are looking for is Kasap remix, but that the songs have been put in the wrong order in Amazon and that those places are where track ID apps get their information.

This is an old version of Kasap Havasi (the original name) and the theme is recognizable.
I really like the older ones a lot :) Seems like it's an old traditional Romani song.

Farasha Hanem

My theory is that the remix you are looking for is Kasap remix, but that the songs have been put in the wrong order in Amazon and that those places are where track ID apps get their information.

This is an old version of Kasap Havasi (the original name) and the theme is recognizable.
I really like the older ones a lot :) Seems like it's an old traditional Romani song.

I love the mizmar version I found on iTunes, but I'm one of those that loooooooooves the mizmar. And although I do like some remixes (it just depends on how it sounds), I prefer older/original versions of songs, too.

So, is it all right to bellydance to some Romani songs? My teacher has a new CD of Romani music, and she used it a few weeks back for our warm-up.

Oh, just looked up the album on another site. Seems that "Kasap Remix" is listed as no. 2 track, whereas the track I found on SoundHound, "Roman Remix," is listed on the same album as track no. 5. So they're both on the CD, but the one that sounds like the original video (according to SoundHound) is track 5.

Last edited:

DYinn Maciel

Thank you so much! And yes, the first part is that, actually I also found the song you posted, but it's not the remix I wanted. She doesn't know anything about editing music or videos, she even told us once she bought the music in dollars (again, it's not common in our country) from a foreign. I found several songs in the albums of Mezdeke, but many of them still are a mistery for me :O

Thank you for trying, many of her song (Of my teacher) are ver VERY dificutl to find. It's like a challenge for me XD

DYinn Maciel

I understand. A lot of the songs my former teacher used can't be found anywhere I've looked, either. >.>

AAnd found one of the songs. It was censured in my country... Still I can't find the first song I posted. u_u But thank you for trying, it was a little confusing with the ID. :p

Last edited: