Thread: Hi there

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi there

Hi I am Marie Rosseau

I am from France .

I have recently started out on belly dance and I am really glad that such a gorgeous art form still exists and keep getting more popular by the day .

I have back injury (severe) therefore I am pretty much restricted to do almost anything that an average person does.

It was a depressing time in my life that I could't get to do basketball and hip hop dancing that i used to do pretty much everyday and while I was under this cloud of depression I took a break and did a trip to Belgium and had a chance to see this art and i was just hypnotized

I was someone who used to think that dance needs to be super energetic and involve a lot of fast movements and fast music to be enjoyable but then I realized that even with gentle steps and calm music you could feel ethereal and enjoy it at the same time

This dance has been such a comfort that I really am thankful that this dance exists and I am privileged to be dancing it .

Cheers
    Last edited by moonrosemarie; 11-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Marie! I'm glad you found your way to belly dance and to us.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

To the forum. I am sorry to here you have such a severe injury, but it's nice to hear you have found belly dance and dancing gently brings you joy.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)